Vineyards farmers market provides local goodies for four decades

Students and community appreciate unique produce

Vineyard Farmers Market sells the finest quality of locally grown produce for 44 years. The Central Valley is one of the largest sources of produce in the USA. Farmers’ markets provide people local fruits and vegetables that they can serve for dinner that night. The Vineyard Farmers Market was thoughtfully-designed by Christopher Alexander a Professor Emeritus of Architecture at the University of California, Berkeley.

The outdoor building is 6,000 square feet, with concrete columns and redwood arched trusses making it a great location year-round. The market is open 2-5 p.m. on Wednesdays and 7 a.m.-noon on Saturdays. 20 different vendors specializing in particular items or a variety, sells rain or shine. Their collection of produce switches for each season. 

Kingsburg Honey Raw and Unfiltered offers a variety of honey blackberry/orange, honeycomb, and mini bear containers of honey. In this winter season, one popular vendor sells multiple different types of mushrooms. Raphio is a local artisan chocolate company that utilizes all different flavors in their chocolate bars. People can visit their location and take a chocolate tour complete with samples.

Buying from local produce businesses has many benefits, Meilani Gilmore Young, ‘24, explains her appreciation for buying local.

“As a vegetarian, buying local allows me to know the source of my food and where it’s coming from,” Gilmore Young said. “It also allows me to feel connected to my community and the people that grow the produce.” 

For more photos, visit The Feather Media page.

For more articles, visit New ‘Percy Jackson and the Olympians show’ Excites fans or No student left without an award winning yearbook