Spanish class project: Food Trucks

Senior%2C+Cole+Blanchfield%2C+grabs+one+of+the+snacks+from+one+of+the+food+trucks%2C+Jan.+31.+
Hailey Higton
Senior, Cole Blanchfield, grabs one of the snacks from one of the food trucks, Jan. 31.

After a week of preparation, students bring in food to finish off their food truck project in spanish class, Jan. 31. 

Each group consisted of 3 people or less and were assigned to make a a food truck, life-sized menu, and slideshow presentation in order to present their project at the end of the week. Each group chose different foods, which made each truck unique from one another. Some students chose quesadillas and tacos, while others chose hamburgers and ribs.  

Anne Madelyn Morgan, is a freshman and first year Spanish student. Morgan shares about her food truck experience and how she enjoyed the creativity that came with the project. Morgan and her group created a taco truck named ‘Quesadilla Hermanas’ which sold a variety of quesadillas and baked goods. 

“The best part of the taco truck project was the creativity that came with it to design the truck.” Morgan said,”And the imagination of actually owning your own taco truck.”

As the week ended, students finalized their project and prepared to share their presentation to the class. During block periods that week, each group was able to present to their class. Profesora Aguilar instructed each group to present their slides, show the final product to the class and read out their menu to the class. 

That following Friday, Jan. 31, each group brought a different selection of foods that are featured on their menu. Students brought in desserts like cookies, and brought their main dish like homemade tacos, quesadillas, burritos, etc. Each student got to try the different selection of foods while celebrating the end of the week and the end of their project.

To read more from The Feather visit Black History Month: Ruby Bridges integrates schools or Color guard receives first at opening competition.

For more photos visit The Feather Media page.