Baseball comeback

FCS baseball fights for the win after loosing earlier in the week.
Mallory Friesen
Umpire and Caruthers catcher prepare themselves for a fast ball as Three year varsity baseball player Lucas Adanalian,’25 is up to bat, April 12.
Fresno Christian and Caruthers baseball face off , leaving the eagles with a win,16-1, April. 12.

Fresno Christian’s unexpected loss, 8-4, against Caruthers on Tuesday, April 9, was met with a re-match two days later that ends with a dominating win, 16-1, Friday April 12.

Joseph Davila, ’27, leads the winning game to an end after a home run, leaving the fans and dugout cheering and the coaches clapping, waiting for Davila as he joggers around each plate with a smile.

With an unwavering commitment, the baseball team puts in the work, playing an average of three games weekly and maintaining consistency in their after-school practices. As the season draws to a close, they have six league games, including a senior night on May 7 against Minarets. 

Head Coach Noah Heinz is excited to finish this season strong and anticipates growth within current players for next season. 

Heinz shares,” I’m excited for the development of the younger pitchers and those yet to come.” He adds, “The prospect of bringing back experienced pitchers for the next season is a promising step forward.” 

To read more from The Feather, visit Downtown revitalization project spurs growth and Feature Art – Scratch Board Art.