LETTER: Congratulations Immanuel

[media-credit name=”FC file photo” align=”alignright” width=”220″]FCSLogo[/media-credit]Elite basketball teams have existed since the sports invention, at all levels, ranging from professional to junior and senior high school. These teams are formed through years of practice and bonding of team mates.

However, in a matter of a couple of years, Immanuel High School of Reedley, CA, FC’s former chief rival, has rocketed into city and state-wide headlines.

Not only for their outstanding play and thrashings of former CIF Central Section Division I champions but also for their coaching and strategies.

Former FC students and coaches CJ Haydock and Josh Justin have constructed their team with outstanding former CUSD athletes, and a system that allows for freedom on offense.

Immanuel is a great example of how easily athletics can influence the size of a student body, and in their case, bolster it in a two-year time line. Haydock and school officials have used their wit to create a great basketball team and increase enrollment exponentially in just a few short years.

Join me in watching the No. 1 rated Central Section Division I team as they finish their Central Sequoia League and play deep into the playoffs.

Follow The Feather via Twitter and Instagram: @thefeather and @thefeatheronlilne. This writer can be reached via Twitter: @beal2015.

For more opinions, read Jan. 23 article, Former CIA agent speaks out.