[Podcast] Moving Forward: The purpose of the Holy Spirit

Hey everyone! My name is Aubrey Graham, I’m a senior and a lifer at Fresno Christian. I’m so excited to announce my new podcast, ‘Moving Forward’, produced by The Feather Online!

Graham has attended Fresno Christian since kindergarten.

As a third-year photojournalist and current photo editor this year, I felt a little stuck in my position. I felt I was producing work I was proud of, but did not feel very challenged or stretched out of my comfort zone. 

A very difficult season in my life hit a few weeks ago leaving me feeling very alone and stranded. One night, I was spending time in prayer and worship when I felt the Lord calling me to share everything I have been going through. Soon after, the idea of a podcast came to mind. I began to doubt, but little by little, the idea grew on me and I could not wait to ask.

The following day, I went to my mentor and Feather advisor, Kori James, and pitched the idea to her. I didn’t know if it was even a possibility for me to begin producing this podcast. When I sat in front of her and put it all out on the table, she immediately said yes and I was a little shocked. She reassured me that God has instilled leadership qualities in me and gave me messages to share, so I immediately got to work.

I recorded the first episode a couple days later and began the search for a name for this podcast. My friend, Trinity Cox, ‘23, and I were bouncing back and forth name ideas when she suddenly paused and said, “What about ‘Moving Forward’?” I took a second, thought about it, smiled and said, “That’s the one!”

‘Moving Forward’ can represent many things. We can move forward in our walk with Jesus, move forward in our relationships, move forward from toxic people in our life, move forward from the hold of fear, anxiety and depression- the list goes on.

I hope to touch on some of these subjects and many more. I want to help be a voice for the student body and create awareness about topics that aren’t addressed often. I also want to be an encouraging voice of joy and hope in people’s lives.

So here’s to the start of a new, challenging season in my life and in The Feather!

This first episode is titled “The Purpose of the Holy Spirit”. As I was recording this episode, I did not like it. I felt I had a good message to share, but no one would understand. It felt awkward talking into a microphone, alone in a room. I debated not even posting this first episode, but I chose to publish it anyways.

I believe God is trying to teach me the importance of growth, and everyone has to start somewhere, after all. So, let this first episode represent the start of something new and a point that I can eventually look back on and see how far I’ve come. 

Final takeaway of episode one: The Holy Spirit helps connect your heart to God, not give you immediate knowledge of everything. Do not be afraid of the unknown areas of your life or future. 

If we knew everything, there would be no purpose in faith. With no faith, there is no relationship with God. No relationship with God means no salvation and no form of true love.

I want to leave you all with this verse from Ecclesiastes 3:1, “There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under the Heavens.” Be encouraged by the unknown, because that allows God to work in areas of your life you didn’t even know needed to be fixed.

Thank you all for supporting and joining me on this new journey. I hope God speaks to you in some way through this message. Enjoy!

For more photos, visit the Media page.

To read more articles, read Photojournalist shares life-changing experiences in Belize and Fentanyl crisis impacts teens, disregards stereotypes.

Aubrey Graham
Aubrey Graham, Photo Editor