Baseball Senior Night

Fresno Christian baseball honors three seniors as they close out the season with a home game against the Fowler Redcats, May 4.

This year’s FC baseball seniors are Mason Petrie, Logan Krueger, and Caleb Compton.

[/media-credit] Seniors include (left to right) Mason Petrie, Logan Krueger and Caleb Compton

Mason Petrie joined baseball during his sophomore year. He reflects on his last three years. 

“My favorite part of being on the baseball team was the relationships I had with my teammates and coaches,” Petrie said. “We felt like a big family and had a lot of fun together on and off the field.”

He shared a piece of advice for someone stepping onto the team.

“Continue to work hard even when you feel stuck,” Petrie said. “Don’t live in your mistakes, but rather use them as a lesson to build on and become a better player.”

Homeschooler Logan Kruger shares his favorite part of his four-year high school baseball career.

“My favorite memory of being on the team is being able to hang out with the guys in the dugout and build better relationships with my teammates,” Krueger shares. “It’s important to show that you are teachable to the coaches and take the corrections they give you and work on it the best you can.” 

Caleb Compton has also been on the FC baseball team all four years as a homeschooler. 

“My advice to someone moving into a spot on the team is don’t let your emotions get the best of you,” Compton says. “In this sport, you’re going to fail 70% of the time but you have to treat every game like your last and give 110%.” 

The Eagles are defeated (4-1), however, they will be advancing toward playoff season starting May 17th.

Slideshow: Images featuring baseball senior night taken by Mallory Friesen, May 4

To read more from the Feather check out  Senior Reflection: Micah Friesen or Senior Reflection: Emma Calderon