PROMO: Student leadership hosts yearly drives

Upcoming opportunities to support the community

Fresno Christian’s annual Canned Food Drive and Stuffed Animal Drive is here. The canned food drive officially started Nov. 14, but it is not too late to give. All donations will be collected until Dec. 9. Fresno Christian has partnered with

[/media-credit] Leadership students encourage others to donate to the canned food drive.

Pinedale Community Fellowship since 2012. All of the canned food will go directly to the church and from there, distributed throughout the city to those in need.

Civics and world history teacher, and leadership advisor Robert Foshee encourage students to donate. 

“We’ve been blessed in our lives and God calls us to share and give to those in need, being hospitable,” Foshee said. “I think it’s great for us to partner with [Pinedale Community Fellowship] to share the gospel and also share supplies in order to minister to the families in the neighborhood.”

Some of the best things to contribute to the canned food drive include: 

• Canned soup 
  • Peanut butter 
  • Canned fruit 
  • Canned stew
  • Canned fish
  • Canned beans 
  • Pasta (preferably whole grain)
  • Rice (preferably brown)

As for the stuffed animal drive, all donations will be sent to Valley Children’s Hospital. This is the tenth year that Fresno Christian has collaborated with Valley Children’s, a special tradition. On Dec. 16, bring a stuffed animal and get a free lunch, Batter Up Pancakes will be served. Every stuffed animal is given to a young patient as a gift during this holiday season. 

Freshman, Kennedy Schwab has been a part of the stuffed animal drive for the past nine years. 

“It’s important to me to give to these kids during this holiday season because you don’t know the difficult times they could be going through,” Schwab said. “And it might provide some comfort.” 

All donations for the Canned Food Drive and the Stuffed Animal Drive may be dropped off at Robert Foshee’s classroom, 608. 

For more Feather articles go to, Annual home ec Christmas blankets and Cross Country wrap-up.