Cross Country wrap-up

[/media-credit] Girls cross country after running state race

Fresno Christian cross country just finished their season on a high note, going all the way to the CIF state championships where they raced against all the best teams from around California. 

On Nov. 17, the Cross country girls team qualified for the state championship race after placing high enough in the 5000m central section championships. Julia Gray finished second place with a 19:51 and Emma Connolly finished 10th with a time of 21:17.

Although they did not win state, the girls were excited to compete and placed relatively high for having such a small team. Julia Grey placed 48 out of almost 200 racers.

The boys, unfortunately, did not have enough students to qualify for the state championship race, but still ran their hardest at the CIF Sectional Championships. Noah Howard finished 15th place with a time of 18:54. The boys team placed well in the sectionals considering they only had 4 racers. Sophomore Mason Meade and Freshman Eve Dixon joined late and raced cross country for the first time to fill the requirements for racers and still ended with competitive times.

[/media-credit] FCS girls team qualifies for state at sectionals race

The students competed in fifteen total races throughout their fall season and surprised many, coming out more competitive and faster than anticipated.

Thank you to all parents, students, and athletes who attended these races. To any students interested in finding out about spring or summer training contact Coach Garcia.