See You at the Pole closes off September

Student’s meet early for peer lead worship and prayer
Giada Gilmore Young

At Fresno Christian Schools, See You At The Pole is a long-term tradition that began in 2001. Although this event takes place on a different day each year, it consistently is on a September morning filled with fellowship in prayer. This year it took place 7 a.m. to 7:45 a.m. Sept. 27.

Each year the Fresno Christian Worship team oversees the event, using their gifts to lead students in worship. Senior Paige Deffenbacher explains how students join together with a common goal: to praise God.

The morning consists of worship through music, and a time of prayer focusing on the country, government, administration, and more. It creates an opportunity to get students together and share the love of Christ.

Worship is led by seniors Deffenbacher, Donovan Guglielmana, and Serenity Cortez joined by freshman Rachel Garcia. On the box drum is freshman Gavin Gonzalez, with junior Lyla Hinton playing the piano. Last but not least is freshman Jane Higton on the guitar.

The worship leaders come together in prayer between songs. (Giada Gilmore Young)

Guglielmana shares the intentionality of SYATP and the best part of it all. 

“It wasn’t a mandatory thing for students so that means everyone who showed up wanted to be there,” Guglielmana says.

As he addressed, SYATP is a completely optional worship and prayer program. Even though it is optional there is at least one or two kids from each grade stretching through sixth grade to senior year.

In between songs, students are given a prayer prompt. They gather in small groups and pray over the given topic together. 

Higton elaborates on her experience at SYATP. 

“I thought it was a great opportunity to worship the Lord and everybody to just come together and do that,” Higton says. 

The next SYATP won’t be until next year. For more exciting events visit The Feather news page!

To read more visit 500th career win for Coach Foshee and PROMO: 38th Annual Homecoming