CIF Central Section 8-man Valley Championship

Natalie Garcia

Fresno Christian Eagles defeated the Sierra High Chieftains, to secure their third straight CIF central section championship, Nov. 17.

With a packed Fresno Christian student section dressed in “Black out” with over 1,000 people in attendance, the Eagles started out slow in the first quarter.

Eagles began the game down, 6-0 by the middle of the first quarter and looked for a change which they found when Eagles quarterback Logan Stotts hit wide receiver, Jude Shepphard on a long go route to get into scoring position. Stotts then again hits Sheppard on a corner route for a much needed touchdown towards the end of the first quarter.

Again, the Eagles find themselves down 12-7 in the second quarter, however they kept the air game soaring as Stotts launched another touchdown to wide receiver .

Now up 15-12 in the second quarter, the Eagles wide receiver Joshua Kubota, “Blacked out” the Chieftains on his own and was able to walk into the end zone untouched after another amazing throw by Stotts.

At the end of the second quarter with the rain falling down, Stotts called his own number and ran for an electrifying 55 yard touchdown. Stotts later commented,”My favorite moment of the game was my 55 yard touchdown run.”

By the fourth quarter the Eagles were on top 28-20 but knew they needed more. That’s when Jude Shepphard took it to the house with a 36 yard touchdown run and drenched the Chieftains chance of winning the game.

The Eagles had finally flown to victory and won with the final score of 34-26. The “Black out” Eagles student section was overjoyed with excitement and rushed the field to celebrate with the team. Stotts also celebrated by saying,” Winning the championship felt amazing. We all got to experience our hard work pay off.”

For more photos, visit The Feather media page.

For more articles, visit PROMO: Drama presents Gift of the Magi or Veterans Day Chapel