Spring break: Trail of eggs, beaches, celebrations

As the sun begins to dismiss winter rain clouds, spring break offers time to relax and relieve repetitive daily routines.

Many head out of Fresno to the beach, mountains getaways, and mission trips.

According to an online poll at www.thefeather.com about what best represents spring break, 42% said that the beaches are the best way to spend the week off school.

?For spring break I?m taking some friends to Laguna Beach with me,? Ashley Davis, 07, said. ?Then we?ll go to San Diego for a small venue concert of Taking Back Sunday. I?m really excited.?

Faculty members also have plans over spring break to keep their time occupied.

I?ll be getting new carpet, doing my annual spring cleaning because it has to be done,? Cheryl Pohl, high school secretary, said. ?Of course on Easter we will have a nice lunch with my family.?

A main focus of spring break is Easter Sunday with the Easter bunny, chocolate and for many the celebration of Jesus? resurrection. Easter Sunday can be a widely anticipated holiday that families are excited to be a part of and enjoy there time together.

?I get together with my relatives for our usual Easter dinner and we still have an Easter egg hunt,? Kristen Amerine, 07, said. ?Usually the younger kids receive candy in their eggs and the older kids get money.?

Yet some students look forward to the Easter bunny and its little gifts that are given out in baskets.

?I still believe in the Easter bunny,? Joelle Grimes, ?06, said. ?He leaves me a trail of Easter eggs and a basket full of sweet, sweet goodies every year.?

Spring break originally began with Good Friday, which commemorates the crucifixion of Jesus Christ, and ends on his resurrection day, Easter Sunday. Yet due to college schedules and mid-terms, this three day celebration has developed into a full 10 days of vacation.

School resumes on April 18 with a regular schedule planned.

For more information on spring break and upcoming events for Fresno Christian students, go online to www.fresnochristian.com.