Serve Day 2022 Video

[/media-credit] Students sort through fresh oranges at the Central California Food Bank, Feb. 27.

The above video highlights FC high school students serving during Serve Day 2022

The 8th annual Serve Day sends 220 students to 9 locations as volunteers for the day, Feb. 24. Students and teachers got the opportunity to leave the classroom for the day to serve at locations across the city of Fresno.

This year’s Serve Day locations included Central California Food Bank, Art of Life Healing Garden, Graffiti clean up, Reading Hearts, The Well, Cross City, People’s Church, Radio Park clean up with Beautify Fresno, and Discovery Center.

Junior Rachel Moate speaks on why teens struggle to serve regularly.

“For teens and me personally, I think it’s hard because we already have our needs met. We tend not to see others who are struggling because it might not pertain and affect us. Going out and helping the community helps us to see and have empathy for those whose struggles are different than us.”

This year, The Feather media team visited 7 of the 9 locations to document the different Serve Day Activities. The team spent the day traveling to each site to post on social media, capture photos, capture videos, and get interviews of students and volunteers.

For more information about Serve Day, check out FC Serve Day 2022.

Follow The Feather via Twitter @thefeather, Instagram @thefeatheronline and Facebook @thefeatheronline.