Central Valley’s Veterans Day parade 2023

Thousands of citizens gathered to honor our nation’s heroes at the 104th annual Veterans Day parade, Nov. 11. The Central Valley’s Veterans Day parade is the largest of its kind this side of the Mississippi. Veterans and community members alike lined the streets of downtown Fresno to enjoy the patriotic pre-ceremony and parade.

The pre-ceremony honored not only past veterans but present servicemen such as the United States Marine Corps represented with our Grand Marshal Sargent Jarrett Kraft. Sargent Kraft was honorably discharged from the Marine Corps and continues to serve in the uniform of the Fresno Police Department.

Soldiers marched down the route and their families were presented in military vehicles to support their loved ones. Performances by the Fresno High and Los Banos‘ marching bands honored our veterans. Organizations such as Toys for Tots and political leaders including Jim Costa were in the parade to show their appreciation for those who have served their country.

To read more from The Feather, visit Veterans Day Chapel and Operation Christmas Child encourages holiday cheer. And for more photos visit The Feather Media page.