Senior Sock Exchange Photopost

Benson Elbert

On Wednesday, the 6th of December, the Class of 2024 took part in the annual Senior Sock Exchange. This is a tradition created a number of years ago and continued through senior advisors Kori James and Robert Foshee.

This festive occasion, was organized by senior parents, and witnessed a large amount of support this year. The collective effort resulted in the highest amount of funds ever raised towards senior events. The parents went above and beyond, preparing an array of baked goods and sweet treats. Adding to the treats, they sponsored a taco stand, offering students the opportunity to enjoy street tacos and customize them with meats and toppings, made fresh on sight.

The seniors were given an early dismissal from their classes to enjoy a extended lunch period. Upon arrival, each senior received a randomly assigned number, determining their position in a game where they “stole” their socks from one another. This White Elephant-style exchange unfolded for five minutes, going at a rapid fire pace leading some seniors to steal fun and festive socks from their friends, prompting them to be forced to replace them with silly, ugly socks.

This event stands as a time-honored tradition, continuing through the years and promising to continue in the future. The overwhelming love and support demonstrated by the senior parents contributed to making the event enjoyable for all. As a result, every senior departed with a new pair of exciting socks, adding to the memorable legacy of this cherished tradition.

To read more from the Feather visit [Podcast] FC EagleCast, Episode No. 2 – Scott Falk or Fall sports rally 2023.