Softball sport shorts: FC overcomes Parlier in season end

GIRLS’ SOFTBALL SPORT SHORTS, 2011-12–
(Scrimmages do not count toward win/loss record. Visit the Sports Section for girls’ softball features. For a simple overview of scores and upcoming games, check the Spring sport box scores, 2012 for dates, opponents and times for all Eagle sports.)

Be sure to visit the 2011-12 girls’ softball schedule, home page, or check out Maxpreps.com. The Eagles are currently 5-13 overall and 1-7 in the West Sequoia League as of May 11. The Eagles will next play against Parlier Panthers, May, 10.

GIRLS’ SOFTBALL, 2011-12

The Eagles took on the Parlier Panthers in the final game of the season, May 10. FC came out strong from the start by scoring 5 runs in the first inning, while the Panthers were only able to score 1 run. For the next few innings, FC continued to dominate by keeping strong defense, defeating the Panthers, 15-10.

Senior Nicole Hensley says that although she is disappointed that the season is over, she is proud of her teammates for finishing strong. Hensley also appreciates FC coaching staff for assisting them throughout the season.

“I am glad that we won the last game of the season,” Hensley said. “We worked really hard all season long and I am satisfied that it showed off. I had so much fun playing softball this season and I am going to miss it so much. I could not have done anything if my teammates and coaches did not help me; so I am thankful for their guidance.”

Freshman Gaby Siqueiros is satisfied that the team worked together as one. Siqueiros believes that staying positive and encouraging each other is crucial on and off of the field.

“I think that we all played amazing,” Siqueiros said. “We really poured our hearts into the game and it truly showed. We worked together as a team and we kept encouraging each other. This game was just a great way to end the season. With our willingness to work and positive mind sets, we can definitely succeed next year as well.”

Senior Dana King agrees with Henlsey and says that she appreciates FC coaches directing the team to the right direction.

“I’m happy we took care of business that was important,” King said. “We are ready to go to play offs and win, and there should be no other outcome. I am so happy to be able to work with Lisa and Audi, though I won’t be playing softball most likely any other time in my life, I am happy I got to spend it with those two. They are such influential coaches and they always motivate us when we are down.”

The Eagles finished their season with an overall record of 5-13.