COLUMN: Clinton conceals motives

20150928-trump-opnion-003
[/media-credit] Throughout her time running as democratic presidential candidate, Hilary Clinton has had a certain lack of transparency.

Presidential candidate lacks transparency

As the primaries begin and the first democratic debate comes to a close, Hilary Clinton stands at the forefront as the party’s most viable contender. With her well-crafted responses and unrelenting accolades from her supporters, Clinton is now poised to run on the Democratic Party’s ticket for the 2016 presidential election.

I was asked by adviser Greg Stobbe to write about what I think about Hilary Clinton and who she is. In all honesty, I can only comment on her superb maneuvering as a politician, as she reveals very little about who she actually is and what she actually believes.

Though Clinton claims that she is an “outsider”, if we look at her portfolio we can see that this claim holds no merit. She was married to her husband Bill Clinton during his time as a governor, and as president of the United States. She served as a US senator for the state of New York, and then served as the Secretary of State under the Obama administration. She is no outsider.

Clinton has demonstrated time and time again her ability to change her opinions from one point of view, to the opposite point of view. She has changed her position on the Keystone pipeline, at first being in favor of it and then to being adamantly against. In 2008 she changed her position on gay marriage from being against it to supporting it. None of her beliefs are her own, she will change and adapt to what the majority wants.

Clinton has demonstrated time and time again her ability to change her opinions from one point of view, to the opposite point of view. She has changed her position on the Keystone pipeline, at first being in favor of it and then to being adamantly against. In 2008 she changed her position on gay marriage from being against it to supporting it. None of her beliefs are her own, she will change and adapt to what the majority wants. — Rees Roggenstein, Editor-in-chief

As a political chameleon Clinton conceals herself well, yet there is a common thread in her work during her time in public office. Ineptitude. She is simply not capable of handling situations with any effectiveness, honesty, or intelligence.

Clinton’s time as Secretary of State was spent putting out one political fire after another. During her time in office she was toted as being an amazing diplomat, now Vladimir Putin occupies Crimea and harbors Edward Snowden. Her handling of the Benghazi attack has been a complete disaster. Americans were killed, an ambassador was killed, and she offered misinformation instead of the truth. And now with the recent scandal involving her email server with American secrets being compromised is yet another testament to her inability to lead.

Editor-in-chief Rees Roggenstein critiques Clinton's methods.
[/media-credit] Editor-in-chief Rees Roggenstein critiques Clinton’s methods.

Hilary Clinton stands as the quintessential politician. She epitomizes politics. She changes her beliefs to fit what the majority of voters believe. She schemes and feeds the people misinformation about current events to cover up her mistakes. She takes no responsibility for her mistakes and the mistakes of her staff.

There is a reason why Americans are drifting further and further towards self made individuals and people outside of the current political structure. The people are tired of the status quo that is put forth by politicians like Clinton. They seek a different kind of leader now; an honest leader that stands behind what they say and serves the interests of the people. Hilary Clinton simply does not represent this ideal for leadership.

For an alternate viewpoint, read COLUMN: Clinton leads with competence.

This author can be reached via twitter: @RRoggenstein or Rees Roggenstein.