Join the discussion: What Does Thanksgiving Mean To You?

What Does Thanksgiving Mean To You?

[media-credit name=”Photo by minonda on Creative Commons” align=”alignright” width=”300″]20151124-thanksgiving-table-001[/media-credit]

With the end of the semester drawing near, students anxiously wait for the final break before Christmas. For the first time in recent past, Thanksgiving break will be a full week off, Nov. 23-27.

As the weather becomes colder and the colors of fall fade, warm coats and sweaters await Thanksgiving Day. Since school has changed thanksgiving week to a nine-day break, students have begun sharing their favorite memories of this special time of the year. Some share unforgettable Thanksgiving moments which they cherish for the rest of their lives.

The Feather wants to encourage students and readers to submit their opinions in the comment section of their favorite moment during this time of thanksgiving. Please take the time read the comments and type in your own most embarrassing moments, favorite meals or best Thanksgiving memories below. These will be updated numerous times before Thanksgiving.

Relaxing times with great people
Chris Kollenkark, ‘16
November 17, 2015

“Thanksgiving for me is just a relaxing day from school and I can just sit down and chill with my friends and family.”

Good food and good times
Morgan Miller, ’16
November 16, 2015

“Thanksgiving is always a good time because I get to see my family and catch up on stories that were made throughout the year.”

Taking a break
Katie Jacobson, ’17
November 19, 2015

“What Thanksgiving means to me is taking a second to break from the craziness of life and just be thankful and think about what I have. I don’t really have a lot of traditions but, we do usually have a ham and stuffed turkey and we always get together with family, it’s really fun.”

Having a wonderful meal
Brooklyn Ainley, ‘17
November 20, 2015

“My favorite part of Thanksgiving is sitting down with my family and having a great meal and sharing old memories and making new ones”

Delicious Turkey
Joshua Oakley, ’18
November 16, 2015

“Thanksgiving is awesome because I get to spend time with my family. My favorite Thanksgiving food is turkey but I also like ham.”

Grateful for God
Melissa Tostado, ’18
November 16, 2015

“Thanksgiving means that we are grateful for God and what he has provided us with. Every Thanksgiving we gather at my grandma’s house and eat turkey.”

Enjoying family time
Suky Cheema, ’19
November 16, 2015

“Every Thanksgiving we get together as a family and we have a family bond. It’s nice because we only meet once a year because we go out of state.”

Memories
Kaylie Clem, ’19
November 20, 2015

“Thanksgiving to me is making a yearly memory with my family. It’s also seeing my cousins that I don’t normally see. Thanksgiving is a time to recognize the things we should be thankful for, and have a lot of really good food.”

Throughout the week of Thanksgiving there will be multiple updates, so please make sure to comment down below about what Thanksgiving means to you.