Join the discussion: Students prepare for finals

Students use various methods of studying

finals
[/media-credit] Finals week for FC will last from Dec. 14-18.

With only a week left in the first semester, only one thing stands in the students way of being released for Christmas break: finals. Finals week is arguably one of the most stressful times for students because these heavily weighted tests can make or break their grade. While most students will be busy preparing for their tests, others are confident in their abilities to ace these final tests with no extra studying.

Taking finals seriously 
Julian Castro, ’17
Dec. 11, 2015

I think finals this year will be more challenging because I am a junior and I realize that classes are harder. I am studying hard for finals because I would like to not only pass the final but I want to improve my grade in the classes. I think this week isn’t taken seriously by many students because they feel they have control of their situation. However they should be studying hard because finals are not a joke.

No need to stress
Katie Jacobson, ’17
Dec. 11, 2015

I will be studying for finals this year by going over notes and lectures. I don’t really need to go over anything else with my teachers. I feel pretty confident going into finals. I’m most worried about my math final, but I think I will be well prepared.

Confident
Reese Trevino, ’19
Dec. 11, 2015

I don’t think I will study for finals. I’m confident in myself that I can get a good grade on all my tests. I am most worried about my US history class. It is the hardest class for me so I will be reviewing for it.

Laziness gets in the way
Javier Carrillo, ’18
Dec. 11, 2015

I will hopefully be studying for finals if I have enough motivation next week. I usually don’t study cause of laziness or I’m busy with other things. I am most worried about my math final or biology. I have trouble remembering information for those classes because the finals are cumulative and based off the entire semester.

Unpredictable teachers
Tyler Sellers, ’16
Dec. 11, 2015

I will be studying for finals next week. I am going to be using my notes and old tests from the semester to review and be prepared. I am most worried about my civics finals because my teacher, Mr. Foshee, is a very unpredictable teacher.
[fusion_soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/237148921″ params=”auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true” width=”100%” height=”150″ iframe=”true” /]
Time to catch up
Chris Kollenkark, ’16
Dec. 11, 2015

I will be studying for finals next week. I am pretty nervous about the math final because I haven’t been trying my hardest in there this semester. It’s probably time for me to start catching up on work. I’m going to go in and talk to Mr. Van and ask him for extra help before our final.

Unique review method
Olivia Palmer, ’17
Dec. 11, 2015

I do study for finals. I usually go over all of the information we have learned and set aside the study I don’t know. Then I come back to it later and learn it. I am most worried about the English final. I’m not very good at the subject and I’m bad at comprehending what’s going on in the books we read.

Easy week
Allison Breedlove, ’16
Dec. 11, 2015

I only have one final this semester. It’s for Christian living. I’m just gonna use my study guides and review for the test the night before. I’m not worried at all. It should be a pretty stress free week.

Reveiw
Erin Wilson, ’18
Dec. 11, 2015

I will be studying for finals with all of the study guides we have received this semester. I’m most worried about my math final because I don’t understand a lot of stuff in that class.

No studying
Natalia Hill, ’18
Dec. 11, 2015

I don’t study for finals because I’m naturally smart. I’m cocky and I think I’m going to get 100% with no study at all. I am super confident.

Celeste Counts, ’18
Dec. 11, 2015

Yes, I will be studying for finals. I am going to reread some chapters and look over my study guides. I’m most worried about Bible because it’s a lot of memorization.

This writer can be reached via Twitter: @Phillip11499.