Welcome back, look forward

[/media-credit] Students once again fill the FC halls, and are greeted with Week of Welcome (WOW).

Spring semester launches with Week of Welcome

Once again students arrive at school, ready and hopeful for another semester. In the past lay challenges, difficulties, and times of joy in which they learned to overcome and conquer the various difficulties which rose before them. The Feather staff welcomes their peers back for another semester; the past holds no chains upon the future and instead encourages a fresh start.

Week of Welcome (WOW) arrived with daily lunch activities the purpose of which was to excite and encourage students about the new semester. This time of welcoming preludes the many activities for the year to come. The most notable of these events are NOTS, auction, graduation, journalism New York Trip, choir trip, senior trip, Winter Festivus, rallies and Serve day.

Night of the Stars, known as NOTS, is the annual formal event for high school students. This year, the event will be taking place at Wolfe Lakes on April 2. The auction is the main fundraising event of the year, which traditionally takes place in the FC gym, will occur on March 14.

Upon being named a CSPA All-American publication, the Feather made the decision to make a trip to New York to attend Columbia’s Spring Convention, the week of March 12. In addition, the girls’ ensemble, Belleza, will be flying to New York to perform at Carnegie Hall.

As a change, what was previously known as the Fall Festivus has been changed into the Winter Festivus, now taking place Feb. 19. The event will take place at the Nale’s barn and will offer a variety of events such as movies and games.

[/media-credit] To finalize the week, student leadership organized a lunchtime jousting contest, Friday.

Naturally, several more sports rallies will take place, the next of which will be on Jan. 22. The annual service day is also coming up, which promotes several different forms of community service.

Finally, senior graduation will be on May 26. The class of 2016 will be attending senior trip the week prior to graduation, celebrating by visiting Southern California and attractions such as Disneyland.

This semester, FC has welcomed 12 new students. Nine of these new high schoolers hail from different countries, studying as foreign exchange students. The names and origins of these students are shown below.

[infogram id=”international_students0″ prefix=”kRh”]