Chuck Stecker reaches out through ministry, emphasis on youth

04082016-Speaker-manliness-confrence-pre-interview-005
[/media-credit] Stecker spent most of his time in special operations, between Ranger battalions, special forces, and other areas. Stecker also spent three years in the Pentagon on the Joint Staff.

The youth of the church is often looked to as the future, yet ignored as a possibility for the present. Rev. Chuck Stecker appeals to young adults through his military background, unique message, and inclusive demeanor. 

Chuck Stecker is currently the president and founder of A Chosen Generation. Before Stecker earned a Doctorate in Ministry, specializing in Christian leadership he was a U.S. Army Lieutenant Colonel.

“I went into the army with the intention of just doing a couple of years and getting it over with,” Stecker said. “But I ended up spending 23 years in the army from an enlisted person, being in commission, and then retiring as Lieutenant Colonel.”

Stecker spent most of his time in special operations, between Ranger battalions, special forces, and other areas. In addition of the 23 years spent in the Army, Stecker also spent three years in the Pentagon on the Joint Staff.

“The time in the Pentagon was three years, that was just a remarkable time for me,” Stecker said. “Working with men and women from all branches of service.”

After Stecker had served over 20 years in the army and in the Pentagon, it was almost time to retire. Prior to retiring, Stecker and his wife were praying over some friends and something moved them to start a vocational ministry, this was when A Chosen Generation was launched.

“Prior to coming out of the military my wife and I were praying with some people, very close friends,” Stecker said. “God just kind of picked me up and put me on my knees and my wife right there with me and we surrendered our lives right then to go into vocational ministry.”

[fusion_soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/258861676″ params=”auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true” width=”100%” height=”150″ iframe=”true” /]

It was a couple years before Stecker retired from the military. Stecker first started off with Promise Keepers as the Regional Director for three years. After his time at Promise Keepers he launched a ministry in 1997 which is now known as A Chosen Generation. What ignited Stecker’s flame for vocational ministry was the realization of his passion for inner-generational ministry.

04082016-Speaker-manliness-confrence-pre-interview-011
[/media-credit] Chuck Stecker is president and founder of A Chosen Generation. This ministry is heavily focused on intergenerational ministry.

Chuck Stecker’s ministry revolves around young adults and preparing them to equip, train, empower, and release the new generation of leaders. A major issue Stecker sees in young adults he encounters is them not being recognized for who they are and downplaying their value.

“The most difficult thing I think that young people have, is getting out of the mindset that they are in a youth, or teens, and they lack the value at that age,” Stecker said. “Young men and women just have huge value and we have got to start seeing them not as the future but we have got to see them as the present with value added right now.”

Stecker’s message of preparing the future leaders brought him to Fresno Christian to speak at the Manliness Conference, April 8-9. Chuck described the conference as an opportunity for men to come together and look at some masculine issues and ask the Lord to come in and do some work in and through them.

“Men do better in an all male environment,” Stecker said. “When it comes to hearing some truth and having an opportunity to make some changes, lets just get some guys together and we can say things in a different way. There is an opportunity to deal with some masculine issues in a way that guys don’t feel intimidated.”

Please visit the official A Chosen Generation website to learn more about Chuck Stecker and his ministry.

For more features, please read Feather shares JEA/NSPA seminars, desires collaboration.

This author can be reached via [email protected].