BREAKING: College night open house, April 19

[/media-credit] The College Planning and Tutorial Center will be hosting their annual open house event, Tues., April 19 at 6 p.m.

When preparing for college, students and parents are in search of answers regarding scholarships, financial aid and more. Tonight at the College Planning and Tutorial Center will be an informational meeting concerning many questions that anyone looking to attend college may have. Tonights meeting is an open house, welcoming anyone who has any questions about their future in college.

An assortment of topics will be discussed, these include: Pros and Cons of the New SAT and revised ACT Writing Section, Merit Based Scholarships, Schools that don’t require test scores, Deciding Now vs Deciding Later and more. Following these topics will be a question and answer session. Students and parents are recommended to bring any questions they might have.

The meeting starts at 6 p.m. at the College Planning and Tutorial Center located at 6747 N. Palm, between Bella Pasta and Bar Method. For those who are interested call 559-436-1233, text 559-288-7300, or email at [email protected] to reserve your spot.

Academic advisor, Michelle Warkentin, encourages that students and parents attend the College Open House for its helpful guidance and advice on planning for college.

“The College Night Open House is a great opportunity for students and parents to learn more about the college application process, changes to the SAT test, how to apply for scholarships, and so much more,” said Warkentin. “This is a free event available to all students (and parents) in grades 6-12. It is also a great chance to meet the college counselors at College Planning and Tutorial Center. Several of our juniors and seniors have met with these professionals to help ease the stress of planning for college and aid in the process of completing the applications.”

Be sure to read Warkentin’s April. 8 article, College Corner: Career exploration.

This writer can be reached via Twitter: @jennypenny8835 and via Email: Jenny King.

.