Teacher Appreciation Day enables students to show gratitude

20151202-fc-teacher-and-student-001
[/media-credit] Teacher Appreciation Day is a day dedicated to the appreciation of those who spend their time ensuring the success of others.

Celebratory lunch provided for teachers, students thankful

Nearly everyone can look back in life and remember a specific person that left a lasting impression on their life. For most, that person is a former teacher or professor that worked extra hours to give them a push to succeed.

Teacher Appreciation Day 2016 is May 3, a day dedicated to the appreciation of those who spend their time ensuring the success of others. The unseen work that teachers put hours into can sometimes be forgotten, this day gives gratitude to their hard work.

Supplies in a classroom is used without a second thought, little do students know of the responsibility that teachers need in order to certify that students have plenty of supplies. This year leadership is holding a gratitude party to show their thanks. They will hand out baskets and cards to all the teachers as a way of showing appreciation for all they do.

Junior Katie Jacobson, ’17, shares why we need to appreciate our teachers.

“Teachers put so much time and effort into what they do for us,” Jacobson said. “They care about the students and we should show our appreciation,”Our teachers prepare us for college and in some ways for the rest of our lives. They’re always working on getting papers graded and entered into powerschool as quickly as they can.”

[fusion_soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/262362664″ params=”auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true” width=”100%” height=”150″ iframe=”true” /]

Sophomore Jacob Avedian, ’18, appreciates the hard work that teachers put in to help their students.

“I believe it is important to appreciate teachers because most student don’t know how much work they put into our education,” Avedian said. “Many of my family members are teachers and I have seen how many hours they put into helping students and preparing classes outside of school. Personally I have experienced teachers at FC go out of their way to help me achieve the grades that I want and I am thankful for that.”

From early 7 o’clock mornings, teachers prepare lectures and class details in order to present the best learning environment for students. While it seems as though the weekends are a break from school, stacks of tests and papers are still needed to be graded. Whether it be during the week or on weekends teachers continue to work to promote success for students.

supplies
[/media-credit] Much of the school supplies used by students is provided by the teachers themselves.

Students are often encouraged by their teachers to be successful. Most teachers will spend time outside of class to help with homework if it is needed. They use their own free time to better students in understanding material being covered.

Much of school faculty is made up of teachers. In smaller schools students and teachers posses the ability to form a close relationship. With the small school atmosphere several students can show their thanks by bringing gifts or a card for their favorite teacher or school staff member.

Please consider leaving a comment on a favorite teacher moment or let one or more of your teachers know you appreciate them.

For more top five articles read, Annual Golf Tournament Supports Athletics Department.

This Author can be reached via email: Elizabeth Baker and via twitter: @_Elizabethann16