Style Session No. 29 – Thank You

[media-credit id=175 align=”alignright” width=”300″]201604007-fc-silva-001[/media-credit]

When Kori Friesen first asked me to guest blog about fashion on the Feather at the beginning of the school year, I was honored and excited. I mean, it’s the FEATHER! I love to write and I love fashion and I love Fresno Christian. It was an offer I couldn’t refuse.

What I didn’t expect, however, was how much I would love being a part of the Feather team, and how much I would look forward to writing for all of you each week. Sometimes when a deadline approaches – you know that sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach? I never had that. Writing for all of you has been a joy.

Some topics were just fun and silly. Others were a little more serious. Some were newsy. Some were more personal. But every topic, every post, meant something to me. And I hope it has meant something to you.

God speaks to each of us. He gives us His Word to hear, and sometimes He gives us His Word to speak. God has given me some words to speak this year, and I pray that I have spoken according to His will. I’m so grateful for the opportunity to share with you what God puts on my heart. I pray that it has been a blessing to you, because your comments and feedback have been a huge blessing to me.

Thank you, Kori! Thank you, Editors! Thank you, students for allowing me to interact with you in such a fun, creative way. Seniors, go forth armed with confidence knowing that God goes before you (and knowing summer’s hottest trends). The rest of you, I’ll see you in the fall. Please stay in touch with me at [email protected], www.onmyshoebox.com, and @onmyshoebox (IG) over the summer!

And remember that you are fearfully and wonderfully made. Remember that you were skillfully wrought and that God has seen your unformed substance. Remember that you are beautiful just as you are. Remember that God does not make mistakes. Remember that you are perfect in Christ. Remember that it doesn’t matter what you wear when your heart is clothed in His love and in His faithfulness. Remember to have your own style and own it.

Have a fantastic summer!

~ Silva

To read more Style Session, check out Style Session No. 28 – Bring On Summer.