FC campus announcements, May 23 – May 27, 2016

FC campus announcements, May 23 - May 27, 2016
FeatherLogo
The Feather brings its readers weekly FC campus announcements published the first day of each week. This week coverage is from May 23 – May 27, 2016.

=WEEKLY CAMPUS ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR May 23- May 27

By Julian Castro, writer

Campus administration is looking for an elementary girls volleyball coach. If interested, contact Jon Penberthy or at the school, 559-299-1695, ext 108.

As the sports schedule gets underway, consider supporting JH and HS athletes at our home games. The week’s athletic events are listed in the weekly announcements below.

CSF Senior Banquet

CSF senior members will be honored with awards and dinner to commemorate their efforts in the club. The banquet will be in the JJ room from 6:30 p.m. – 8 p.m., May 23.

Spring Football

Spring football will be from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. on the north field, May 16 – 25. For those of you interested in checking out the program, this is the perfect week to do so. All current 9th – 11th grade boys are welcome. Football will practice from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. until June 9. After June 9 practices will be from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m.

[media-credit id=173 align=”alignleft” width=”300″]FC AthleticsLogo[/media-credit]

Yearbooks

Yearbook editors and adviser Andrea Donaghe honored Maintanence Supervisor Val Rivera during the last senior chapel. The seniors will be given their yearbooks May 18 and everyone else, May 26.

End of the Year Schedules

The schedules for the end of the year can be found here:

Grades 7-8

Grades 9-11

Grade 12

Summer Sports

Over the summer, some FC sports will have practices and practice games. Football, basketball, tennis, and volleyball will be practicing over the summer. For more information about times and dates, contact AD Jon Penberthy.

Journalism Over the Summer

Over the summer all fields of journalism will be meeting to discuss next year’s plans. For more information contact adviser Greg Stobbe.

Summer Programs Hosted at College Campuses

Now is the time to register for summer programs hosted at college campuses around the nation. Attending a summer program can be an amazing experience and add value to your college application. If you are a 10th or 11th grader and are interested in attending a program please contact Michelle Warkentin. Experiences range from ecology and engineering programs all the way to art and fashion programs.

Juniors

The next SAT test is on June 4, the registration deadline is May 5. If the deadline is missed you can still register  for the test’s late registration with a fee at https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/sat

The next ACT test is on June 11, the registration deadline is May 6. You can register online at www.actstudent.org a

ESL help for International Students

Tamara Hill will be available in the library on Mondays and Tuesdays from 3-4 p.m. for ESL support for our international students. Any questions can be directed to Hill.

FOLLOW THE FEATHER ON TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, AND FACEBOOK

[media-credit name=”Admin” align=”alignright” width=”300″]FresnoChristianLogo[/media-credit]

The Feather Online continues to tweet each school day up-to-date news and happenings. All students, parents and community supporters need to do is sign up for an account and follow @thefeather on Twitter on Instagram and on Facebook.

Follow on Twitter:

The Feather (www.thefeather.com) – @theFeather

Fresno Christian School – @FresnoChristian

Fresno Christian Sports – @FCEaglesSports

Fresno Christian Music Department – @FCSMusicdept

Fresno Christian Athletic Department – @FCSportsAD

Fresno Christian PE – @FCEaglesPE

UPCOMING EVENTS:

May

26 – Graduation