Promo: Fresno Area College Night, Sept. 14

college-night-2015-2
[/media-credit] The Fresno Convention Center will host up to 100 colleges during Fresno Area College Night, Sept. 14.

Fresno Convention Center hosts up to 100 schools

The Fresno Area College Night is one of the most anticipated events for students to go and look at future colleges they might be interested in attending. This event will be held at the Fresno Convention Center on “M” Street, Sept. 14.

The word is getting around throughout all of Fresno and other areas that are planning to attend this event. Students that have not decided on where they have decided to go will be eager to go to this event. Thousands attended last year’s event and about 100 colleges and universities were in attendance.

Underclassmen are also welcome to come to this event. Julien Johnson, ‘19, says that he is looking forward to going as an underclassmen.

“I am really excited to go to the Fresno Area College Night,” Johnson said. “I can’t wait for what colleges tell me about why I should think about attending their college after I graduate. I am not too set on what college I might want to go to but this event will definitely help me decide sooner rather than later.”

People from all around the Fresno area will be attending this event. Anyone is welcome to attend, even if you are not interested, but it is recommended for those who have some interest in some of the colleges that are at the event.

Important details will be brought up with every college booth. There will be information like when the next school year will start and what program you might be interested in going into.

Student liaison Reggie Williams is heading the college event for the school. He hopes all the seniors who have not yet visited a college to go to this event.

“This event is really going to help all of the students that are seniors who have not picked what college they want to attend this year,” Williams said. “These colleges will talk to you at their booths and all you have to do is tell them what program you want to attend and they will give you the most information possible for that specific program.” 

Students need to get their transcripts from Kerry Roberts in Building 5 if they are interested in going to this event. Reggie Williams in Building 6 can answer questions about this event. The event is designed for sophomore-senior students interested in college.

For last year’s article, read: College Night informs public, provides opportunities.

This writer can be reached via email: Suky Cheema.