Campus choral groups present FC fall concert, Oct. 24

20160830-choir-001
[/media-credit] Junior high and high school choir along with ensemble will be performing at the GL Johnson Chapel at 7 p.m., Oct. 24.

Choir performance held in GL Johnson Chapel

The first music concert of the season will highlight strong but young new choral singers. The FC fall concert is set for Oct. 24, 7 p.m. in the GL Johnson Chapel. The junior high choir, high school mixed ensemble and women’s ensemble will sing a variety of songs, including a combined number for a finale.

This will be the first performance with the new accompaniment Ben Certain who will be playing piano for the group. With a varied list of songs and a special and intentional focus on the boys’ changing voice, the high school choir is now called Mixed Ensemble.

The high school Mixed Ensemble will sing Jambo and Ritmo. Women’s ensemble will present three songs. Sanctus, Koowu, and Look! Be: Leap. Both groups are looking forward to sharing what they have learned first semester.

[fusion_soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/289745550″ params=”auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true” width=”100%” height=”150″ iframe=”true” /]

After losing ten seniors last year, the high school choir only numbers 15 singers. Director Susan Ainley is set to rebuild the program. And without the pressure to fundraise all year for their New York trip, the ensemble is focused on training the new members, as well as singing challenging repertoire.

20160929-fc-ensemble-5859
[/media-credit] Ensemble is rebuilding as they lost 10 seniors last year.

“I love the new members of ensemble,” Ainley said. “We have become a smaller but stronger group. Everyone is working very hard and trying to do more than they thought they could. I am very proud of them.”

Ainley has hopes that this year’s group will become stronger than last year’s in that every person must contribute, take on additional responsibility, learn quickly, and still sing at many school and community events.

For the finale Ainley is excited about their final song, entitled Ascribe to the Lord. This song is taken from Psalm 29:1-4.She believes the choirs sing together is a satisfying way to end the concert, with everyone enjoying the full sound of a larger group.

After the fall concert, the women’s ensemble will travel to Westmont College in Santa Barbara, Oct. 28. Then later they will have another performance in the G.L Johnson chapel, Dec. 12.

For another news article read, Promo: The Movement Youth Gathering

This writer can be reached via Twitter: reese_brownie and via email: Reese Brown.