FC Insider: Eagles volleyball earn playoff spot

Varsity team set to play Kings Christian at home

20161028-fc-volleyball-2132
    [/media-credit] The Eagles face Kings Christian in upcoming volleyball playoffs, Nov. 3. Tip off is scheduled for 6:30 p.m.

The Fresno Christian lady Eagles advance to playoffs! After battling all season the girls are the 4th seed and set to play Kings Christian, 5th seed.

Since this is a rivalry matchup, I expect a lot of emotion and hard work put into one game, Nov. 3. I predict our girls winning the first set but dropping the next two sets.

This game will be hard fought throughout; I do not expect any team to blow the other one out, especially if the girls have a strong and supportive home crowd behind them. The Eagles played the Kings Christian Crusaders early in the season and came away with a win, 2-1.

Statistically the Eagles are a good start team but a better finishing team. The Crusaders have a good mid game to counter. The Eagles need to start strong and finish even stronger. They can not get down early, on the scoreboard and on themselves. There will be a lot of tough moments but if the Eagles want to win, they must stay positive.

Though the Crusaders have a better record (15-8-1) compared to the Eagles (13-12-1), the Crusaders have key losses like a forfeit to a 5-22 Avenal team and a 3-1 loss to a 11-14 Orange Cove team. This shows they have obvious problems our girls can exploit, like the Eagles did in their last matchup against Kings Christian.  

The Eagles will stun the Crusaders early with home court advantage on their side by going up 1-0. But the Crusaders will counter right back winning the next two sets.

Kings Christian will be up 2-1, but with the help of Eagles player Mari Radoidich, ’17, with 3.7 kills a set, Jennifer King‘s, ’17, and Juliette Davila‘s, ’17, solid defensive play, the Eagles may be in for a win. It will let the Eagles offence come alive has they take game 4 and tie the 2-2.

Game 5 will be tough for the Eagles as the Crusaders look to finish this game. If our girls continue to force mistakes on the Crusaders and Hannah Nale, ’17, bring her serving game, the Eagles will take game 5, 25-22.

The fourth seed Eagles will most likely look at the No. 1 seed Frazier Mountain in the semi-final. Share in the comments your thoughts on the upcoming match.

For last week’s blog read, FC Insider: Eagles take on tough Stoneridge running game

This writer can be reached via email: Slater Wade.