Promo: FC hosts annual powder puff, Nov. 18

20151120-fc-powderpuff-038
[/media-credit] The class of ’18 won last years Powder Puff tournament.

Preparation put to the test

The annual powder puff game is right around the corner. Both coaches and players are excited to get out there and try to win it all for their class.

After practicing throughout the entire week the girls’ preparation will come to the test. This will be the last bit of football we’re going to get to experience for the year at FC.

Coach of the juniors Tyler Villines, ‘18, wants to again claim the champion title. 

“I think we have to go into this year’s Powder Puff confident,” Villines said. “Last year, the class of 2018 won the tournament. We are definitely trying to repeat as champions. I think we have a great group of girls that have the heart and passion to go out there and win it all again. This Friday should be a good one.”

The competition will be extremely hard and the classes do not expect that the victory will come easy for them. Macie Thompson, ‘19, wants to see her teammates go out there and give it their all.

”I’m really happy the way we have practiced throughout the week,” Thompson said. “All of us have made it a priority to go out there and give it our all this Friday. It’s not always about winning all the time. Sometimes it’s just fun to experience that thrill of playing football with your friends since girls aren’t normally allowed to play football.”

Fellow classmates of the players will also be at the event. They will provide motivation for their class in hopes that they will succeed with a trophy,.

Students are ready for this event and Logan Lewis, ’20, is hoping to cheer on his classmates to the best of his ability. He will be there along with all of his other friends that will be supporting the girls on Friday.

“I’m really excited to see what our class has in their locker,” Lewis said. “I know that they have been practicing all week and working hard to win the entire thing. I, along with all my friends will be at the game to support the Freshman class. We are obviously going in as an underdog but I have all the faith in the girls in our grade that they can win.”

Faculty are questionable to who will win these year’s powder puff tournament. Leadership advisor Robert Foshee thinks that all of the classes have a shot on winning the entire thing.

“I think all of the classes this year will be very competitive.” Foshee said. “I expect big things from all the classes this year. I hope they can all go out there and give it their all. This is for major bragging rights between the classes so it should be a fun event all around.”

20151120-fc-powderpuff-025
[/media-credit] Above, the seniors will compete against the freshmen at 4:30p.m. on Nov. 18.

This will be the last powder puff in which the seniors participate in. It will be a heartfelt send off for those who have participated in the game for their whole high school career.

With her last powder puff around the corner Hannah Nale, ‘17, is ready for the big game but will also miss the event. She emphasizes on how this game will be important and emotional to her.

“I always want to give it my all when I represent my class,” Nale said. “I think it is important for us to win this years powder puff. I would really be satisfied if we won because we would basically go out on top. We as a class will have to be prepared to for the tough competition that the rest of the classes offer. I am definitely looking forward to playing in my last Powderpuff game.”

This year’s powder puff  will be, Nov. 18 and the first game will start at 4:30 p.m. between the senior’s and the freshmen. The second game will be played at 5:30 p.m. between the sophomores and the juniors.

The two classes that win their games will be put into the championship game at 6:30 p.m. The winner of that game will be powder puff champions.

This writer can be reached via email: Suky Cheema.

For more features read, Buckets of Prayer gives support to FC family.