Campus hosts annual event, asks for donations

[/media-credit] The FC auction will be held March 25 in the FC gym.

FC celebrates 34th auction

For 40 years now, FCS has offered a quality Christian education in a safe and amiable environment, helping raise followers of Jesus Christ to better our community as well as the rest of the world. Every year for the past 34 years FC hosts a dinner auction, the largest fundraiser on campus.

The purpose of this auction is to not only raise funds for school enhancement, but also for activities such as tuition support and other special projects. All donations, therefore, are of considerable value to our school and its members.

Last year about 350 guests were present at this event, and altogether raised $130, 000 for the promotion of our school’s mission. This year, however, as many as 440 guests are anticipated to attend, thus the hope is to raise more than previously.

The Assistant to the Superintendent as well as a member of the FCS Auction Committee Kathy Pierce has worked on the auction committee for 29 years and enjoys the event. Pierce plays one of the major roles in the fundraiser, ensuring that all areas of the auction are taken care of.

“The auction is one of my favorite events,” Pierce said. “It builds community and friendships not only for our FCS families but also in the greater Fresno area. It is also fun to be recognized by a number of organizations as a pattern to follow for a successful auction.

[/media-credit] FC spirit wear, among other things, are auctioned off at the annual auction.

“We have had several organizations send representatives to glean how we run our auction,” Pierce continued. “In an effort to improve our auction, it has been our goal to look for areas that we can enhance. Even after 34 years, we continue to work on improvements.”  

The student body president, Hannah Nale, ’17, has been involved in the auction since her freshmen year, and like Pierce, finds pleasure in this event and believes it to be a good way to bring everyone together.

“During the week of the event, things like selling paddles, raffle tickets, and helping out with setting up keep me busy,” Nale said. “Students working as a team, alumni coming together to support, and parents pitching in truly brings everyone together. There are many opportunities for students to get involved. They can help by volunteering to help set up and take down things, and most importantly by praying that the event goes well.”

Become a part of this event today by contributing in different ways to support the mission of FCS. Everything from concert tickets to fun-filled baskets, to homemade desserts, is always an immensely appreciated donation which helps achieve the goals of our school.

This years’ FC auction will be held on March 25 in the gymnasium on campus. To purchase a table, make a donation or for more information, contact email or visit the FCS auction website

This writer can be reached via email: Tatiana Iest.