Fresno State to offer help with application process, Oct. 16

[/media-credit] Students can earn scholarship money provided by Fresno State with good GPA and SAT scores.

Local college host application workshop

With the application process for college registration starting, seniors scramble to apply to as many colleges as they can in a timely manner. California State University, Fresno, or Fresno State, one of the most known colleges in the Central Valley, will be on campus at FCS, Oct. 16, from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.

Students interested in going to Fresno State are encouraged to go because the event is conveniently placed on campus, instead of traveling to the university and waiting in line to receive help.

Academic advisor Michelle Warkentin, explains why this is the best time for students to begin learning how to do their applications and encourages all who want to attend Fresno State, to go to this workshop.

“I would encourage all senior students who are planning on applying to Fresno State to attend the application workshop,” Warkentin said. “The Fresno State representatives will help students complete the entire application and will be available to answer any questions they may have. They will go through the application step by step and point out typical errors that students make, address frequently asked questions, etc.

The best way to increase your chances of getting into Fresno State are good grades and SAT scores. In order to get the full college experience, students often choose to live on campus so they can be closer to all the services and events that take place on campus. However, living off campus is often a better option for students who are trying to save money. — Michelle Warkentin, academic advisor

Continuing on from the workshop, Warkentin plans to continue this process by inviting an ambassador from Fresno State, to sustain needed help among the students.

“Following the workshop, there will be an Ambassador from Fresno State on campus one day per week to meet with students and answer any additional questions they may have about the application,” Warkentin said. “Both the workshop and having an ambassador on campus were very helpful last year and we are looking forward to Fresno State’s presence on our campus again this year.”

[/media-credit] Students have the opportunity to receive help on Fresno State application process, Oct. 16. Senior McKensy Neal  completes a college interest survey during the campus event.

Senior Joshua Villa plans on attending the workshop but is not quite sure where he is going to college yet. He is glad to attend though to get the first-hand experience on how the application process is.

“I’m glad we get opportunities like this at Fresno Christian,” Villa said. “It saves so much time for me since I can’t really drive around yet. I think that even though you’re not going to Fresno State you should still at least go just for the application process help.”

Already planning on applying to Fresno State, Erin Wilson, ‘18, is grateful for the opportunity to have Fresno State come to FC and teach the students about the application process.

“I am glad the workshop is held on campus because it makes it more easily accessible for students,” Wilson said. “I think others should go because even if they aren’t planning on going to Fresno State, it is always good to apply to back up schools.”

However, this is not the only university that will be on campus, Oct. 16. Additionally during seniors’ civics classes, Oct. 16 (4th/5th periods), there will be a Trinity Western University rep. presenting information.

For more articles, read: PROMO: 2017 Sadie Hawkins at Magic Mountain, Oct. 28.

Nathan Mount can be reached via email: Nate MountInstagram, and Twitter.