BREAKING: Community college registration workshops, April 17

College workshop on campus today, April 17

After completing the application process, seniors plan to take the Registration Process Workshop, April 17. Taught by David Navarro, college relations specialist at Clovis Community College, the class teaches students how to register for community college and how to complete the process on their own.

[/media-credit] The Registration Process Workshop, taught by David Navarro, teaches students how to register for community college and how to complete the process on their own, April 17.

Academic advisor Evangelina Tello hopes to make the registration process as smooth as possible for students. She highly encourages students who plan to attend community college to take part in the class.

“This is the first and only registration workshop that we will have,” Tello said. “There are specific sections that we assign the students so it’s important that they put the correct one. We want to make sure that the courses students were assigned to have the appropriate information, dates and times of the classes. It will be beneficial to have the courses listed and and everything in order for when their registration date approaches.”

After finalizing registration details, students will be emailed their registration date and they will complete the process on their own. By the end of the class, students will be fully equipped to register for college.

Many students plan to attend community college to complete general education and transfer to a university for their major. Senior Carlee Whipple hopes to finish her general education courses at community college and transfer to National University to study pediatric nursing.

“I went to the last workshop and we figured out which classes we would take for community college,” Whipple said. “This next workshop we are finalizing which classes we are taking and hoping that they aren’t full. I’m really looking forward to a starting a new path in college and seeing where it takes me in my career.”

Undecided on a career path, senior Matthew Oliver chooses to attend Clovis Community College and figure out his major. After attending the application workshop, Oliver aims to learn more about the registration process.

“Going through the application workshop really helped me feel calm and confident on what I needed to do to be ready,” Oliver said. “I’m hoping that I’ll be able to get the last steps that I need to be fully prepared for graduating and moving on to college. I’m looking forward to having new classes, meeting new people and just having a new set of opportunities that come with moving on from high school.”

The workshop begins at 10:15 a.m. and goes until 11:30 a.m. in room 621. Students will be prepared to register on their specific registration date by the end of the class.

For more articles, read Breakaway X provides students opportunity to serve, worship or View from the outside: Sara Peterson.

Addison Schultz can be reached via email and via Twitter @SchultzAddison.