Jungle fever grips newbies

With the school year only 4 days old, student leadership hosted a new student welcome lunch for 28 newbies on Aug. 18 in the J.J. Room. Returning students created a jungle-like atmosphere and shared pizza and laughs while they helped the first year students get to know both themselves and each other.

The newly appointed student leadership team already has had a retreat weekend in San Francisco and planned much of the semester’s event.

The first parent invited event on campus also happened on Aug. 18 as the annual cheer/football kick-off dinner was held on the football practice field. Over 800 people attended the event as all the youth and high school teams were announced after a tri-tip dinner was served.

The next student campus event will be the Night Rally at Woodward Park on Aug. 24 from 7-10 P.M. Students will be split up into classes and are encouraged to wear class colors: seniors, red; juniors, tie-dye; sophomores, brown; and freshmen, blue.

Back-to-school night will be held on Aug. 28 beginning at 6:45 P.M. and all parents and caregivers are encouraged to attend.

The Feather staff is currently learning the new online system and writing expectations and will not consistently add new daily articles until after the Labor Day weekend. However, photo stories/features will contine to highlight the next two weeks’ activities.