See You At The Pole unites local youth ministries

United Fresno SYATP hosted at Peoples Church

Over 900 youth students made their way to Peoples Church for the annual United Fresno See You At The Pole night of worship and prayer, Sept. 26. More than a dozen citywide youth groups participated in the event.

[/media-credit] Over 900 students from various youth ministries in Fresno gathered at Peoples Church for See You at the Pole, Sept. 26, at 6:30 p.m.

Before the night started, Hume Lake Christian Camps hosted the “Pre-Party”. They brought some of their equipment, including a mechanical bull and climbing wall. Food was provided with the help of volunteers cooking burgers.

Youth Pastor of Peoples Church, Abdiel Pagan, believes the event was highly successful.

“It was an amazing event,” Pagan said. “It was great to see a bunch of youth groups from different parts of Fresno to pray for our cities and our schools. I believe we are going to see breakthrough in our communities as a result of last night. I think it’s amazing when churches come together. It really shows the power of unity.”

The worship team consisted of the same people that led at Breakaway 2018, a spring break outreach hosted on the Peoples Church campus. Isaac Michaels, Darcy Lowder, Breanna Hardy, Daniel Rogers, Kaleb Smith and Siavash Massoudi joined FC and Peoples Church high school worship director, Daniel Garrison

“I’ve had experience playing with all of them, so it was fun putting together a crew who are comfortable with leadership and are also actively involved in ministry,” Garrison said. “I wanted to get some people who were a little older, just so there would be an age gap so that students could look up to them.”

Clovis East student Brendan Harris, ‘21, is a fan of the community aspect and enjoys worshiping with his peers.

“I think this gathering has an impact on Fresno because I invite a lot of my friends who don’t usually go to church,” Harris said. “I get to see people who go to my school who I didn’t know were involved in a faith community. There is just something about the togetherness that makes a great impact. The purpose of a church in general is to bring people together to worship and learn, and that’s what we are doing here tonight. Our togetherness just makes a huge impact on Fresno.”

Following worship, Youth Pastor of Neighborhood Church, Mitchell Redondo shared a message about being cautious about what you fill your heart with.

The evening then transitioned into a time of prayer, where students gathered in groups and prayed for their schools, friends, and their city.

Each year, See You at the Pole falls on the fourth Wednesday of September. For more related articles, check out See You at the Pole rallies student response and See You At The Pole 2018.

Earlier in the day, Fresno Christian High hosted a SYATP event in the SMC quad. Over 80 students attended the 7-7:50 a.m. event, worshipping God and praying for school, city, state and national leaders as well as teachers, parents and fellow students. The following video is from the campus morning See You at the Pole event.

See You At The Pole 2018 from The Feather Online on Vimeo.

This author can be contacted via email at Logan Lewis and Twitter @logan6300.