Upcoming: On campus CSU application workshop

Fresno State to host local workshop at FCS for seniors

[/media-credit] Campus college advisor Evangelina Tello encourages students to attend the CSU workshop, Oct. 3.

Fresno Christian is set to host a California State University (CSU) application workshop for all seniors interested, Oct. 3. The workshop will be held in the North Lobby Chapel from 9:30-12:30 a.m. during third and fifth period. The CSU early application deadline is Nov. 30.

UPDATE: Workshop has been moved into room 508 in the elementary building

Admissions representatives from Fresno State University will come to guide seniors through the application process. They will be available to answer any questions students ask throughout the workshop.

Undergraduate recruitment counselor Paige Getty encourages seniors to come and informs of the importance of precision on their applications.

The purpose of the workshop is to have a set aside time to fill out the application when Fresno State reps and counselors will be available to help you.” Getty said. “Accuracy on the application is very important, so having someone look it over before submitting is crucial. Here you will be able to ask questions from students who are currently at Fresno State as well.”

Campus academic advisor Evangelina Tello shares details about the upcoming application workshop. She also encourages students to attend if they plan on attending a state college.

“This workshop is for any student interested in a California State University,” Tello said. “The application opens Oct. 1 and closes Nov. 30. Something really awesome is Fresno State sends representatives to help our seniors through every step of the application process.”

Tello also informs students how to best prepare for the upcoming workshop so they can take full advantage of the opportunity.

“Students should be aware of the $55 per application fee, so for every CSU school they apply to it will be $55,” Tello continues. “For students that have a social security number they will need to know them. The $55 per application payment can be paid online during the workshop or finished at home. Students should send in their applications as soon as possible.”

For seniors wanting to go straight into a four-year university straight out of high school, an SAT or ACT is required. The last SAT available is on Nov. 3 and the registration deadline is Oct. 5, which students can register for on the College Board website.

Tello also encourages all juniors to participate in the upcoming PSAT, which will take place Oct. 10 at 10:45 a.m. The test is free to all FCS juniors who are expected to come and made available to limited freshman and sophomores. However, sign-ups for the upcoming PSAT are full. 

For more articles read COLUMN: Journalists aspire to begin Feather broadcasting program and Students, staff share the importance of healthy diets.

This author can be reached via email and via twitter