PROMO: Campus groups to march in Children’s Electric Christmas Parade

FC band, winter guard, performers demonstrate festive spirit

[/media-credit] FC winter guard marches in the Clovis Children’s Electric Christmas Parade annually.

The beginning of December marks the start of Christmas music, candy canes, and lights, and theClovis Children’s Electric Christmas Parade, Dec. 1 at 6:30 p.m., kicks off the month of holiday festivities off with a bang.

People flock to line the streets of Old Town Clovis to watch the lit up floats, buggies, bands, and even animals march through town. For its 31st consecutive year, this years record 115 parade entries are expected to come and show off their lights and skills. 

David Hillman with Clovis Kiwanis explained that there is potential that the parade could be cancelled due to undesirable rain. Keep checking back to The Feather for updates.

FC band and winter guard will be participating in the parade. Both have been preparing and honing in their skills and performance for weeks already.

Band teacher Lesley Bannister looks forward to the parade every year, and is the favorite parade of the year, and believes that the band is very prepared and ready for the event.

“I am so excited, it’s our favorite parade to march in,” Bannister said. “It’s just a fun experience for the kids, they get to cover themselves in Christmas lights and play Christmas music and there’s a huge crowd, it is a really fun event. I think they are really well prepared, our goal was to have the whole piece memorized before Thanksgiving break, and we met that goal. So that I am really excited about. Also now we just have to focus on marching and performing and not worry about memorizing all the music.”

Toryn Triplitt interviews Lesley Bannister about the upcoming Children’s Electric Christmas Parade, Nov. 15.

Band member, Selah Draper, ‘22, has been a part of the FC band for two years now, but has been participating in band for four years, and enjoys the family aspect that band provides. Draper dreads the chill of the night, but is encourages fellow students to come out and watch.

“I came to Fresno Christian a year ago, so for this band, it is my second year, but overall it is my fourth year,” Draper said. “We’re kind of like a family, we like goofing off together. I’m not really excited, it is going to be super cold. I think I do have the music down, I’ve been practicing and it comes naturally to me to memorize things like that. It is going to be cold but you should come out.”

[/media-credit] The parade features an array of different festive attractions.

Winter guard performer Brittany McCann, ‘20, is very excited and feels very prepared and that their performance will be very clean and well done.

“I am very excited, the Christmas parade is always my favorite,” McCann said. “It provides a chance to bond as a team before winter season and I feel the lights and smiles bring everyone cheer getting ready for the holidays. Being prepared is an understatement, I am so ready for this parade. We have been practicing for a month now cleaning and perfecting all the work.”

Go out and support all of band and winter guard’s month of practice, Dec. 1 at 6:30 p.m. Bring a blanket and a warm drink and come to see all the festive lights and music in Old Town Clovis!

Toryn Tripitt can be reached via email and Twitter.

For more articles, read Campus groups perform in ‘Lessons and Carols’ Christmas concert.

Slideshow images below of the Clovis Electric Parade.