21-22 Homecoming day No.2 wrap up

With the return of regular sports seasons, homecoming is officially back! Starting on Sept. 13 and ending on Friday night’s football game, Sept. 17, this week is packed with competition. Classes earn points through princess pageants, king and queen ceremonies, participation in dress up days, and floats. This year’s overall theme is “Homecoming for Humanity.” Each class votes on what charity they want to support then raises money for that cause until the football game. Before the game, the royal court will be introduced, then crowned at halftime. 

Timber Tuesday

[/media-credit] Elise Bessey, ’23, and teacher Kori James dress up as lumberjills for ‘Timber Tuesday,’ Sept. 14.

Students and faculty dress up for ‘Timber Tuesday,’ Sept. 14. Lumberjack inspired outfits consist of flannels, beanies and boots.

Kemya Hopkins ‘24, joined the leadership team this year and helped plan the events for homecoming week.

“I am very excited for the dress up days, Hopkins said. “I love being festive and dressing up is my jam. I love getting crowds hyped and making sure everyone is having a good time. I also enjoy helping out in every way possible.”

Wednesday’s dress up theme in Mathletes vs. Athletes, so wear your best nerdy or sporty clothes.

Princess Pageant: Human bowling

[/media-credit] Junior Brandy Penberthy slides into bowling pins for the princess pageant, Sept. 14.

Princess candidates participate in the second princess pageant, ‘Human Bowling,’ where they glide on a soapy tarp into oversized inflatable bowling pins.

Before the game, leadership students highlighted the sophomore princesses: Faith DeGroot, Isabella Hutcheson and Jenna Obwald.

Obwald contributed to her class’s float building along with participating in princess pageants. Her older sister, Kirra Obwald, was also a homecoming princess.

“It is really cool to be nominated the year after my sister,” Obwald said, “and to see her experience and being able to do it as well. It is super fun to be able to take part in this school activity and represent my grade”

Dr. Without Borders

With offices all over the world, Doctors Without Borders’s goal is to provide medical aid and to respond to emergencies around the world. They are equipped to tackle a variety of illnesses and handle different natural disasters, along with long-term issues in impoverished areas.

Head to this link to raise funds for Doctors Without Borders.

To learn more about FC Homecoming 2021, read Celebrate the 36th FC homecoming: We’re back in 2021!

What to know the sophomore homecoming candidates, visit Introducing your 2021 sophomore homecoming candidates!

The slideshow below contains photos from ‘Timber Tuesday’ and the princess pageant, Sept. 14.