21-22 Homecoming day No.4 wrap up

With the return of regular sports seasons, homecoming is officially back! Starting on Sept. 13 and ending on Friday night’s football game, Sept. 17, this week is packed with competition. Classes earn points through princess pageants, king and queen ceremonies, participation in dress up days, and floats. This year’s overall theme is “Homecoming for Humanity.” Each class votes on what charity they want to support then raises money for that cause until the football game. Before the game, the royal court will be introduced, then crowned at halftime.

Country vs. Country Club

Students and faculty dress up in western attire or preppy outfits for ‘Country vs. Country Club.’ This included cowboy hats and boots, or polo shirts and dressy pants.

On Friday, show your school spirit by wearing Fresno Christian clothes.

Royal Battle

[/media-credit] Seniors Carlee Zamarripa & Trent Wilson lip sync to ‘Love Is an Open Door’ from Frozen, Sept. 17.

The Royal Battle showcased kings and queens lip-syncing their way through choreographed routines in celebration of homecoming week.

History teacher Kori James hosted the event opening with a surprise hip-hop lip sync to the 1988 classic, “It takes two.” This year, five duos with a queen and king partner competed against each other.  Judging was based on their lip-syncing, dance moves, and overall entertainment ability by four teachers.

Also included in the ceremony was a sing along montage to ‘Don’t Stop Believing’ produced by The Feather staff. The event concluded with a glow-in-the-dark king and queen group dance.

Royal Battle winners are:
1st place: Ashley Logan & Soren Sobrado with
2nd place : Emily Penberthy & Kamdon Marquez
3rd place: Carlee Zamarripa & Trent Wilson

Princesses Pageant – Castle Crashers

[/media-credit] Junior princesses face off in the last princess pageant, Sept. 17.

The princesses participated in their last lunchtime pageant, where they played ‘Castle Crashers.’ The three princesses from each grade put on plastic inflatable bubbles and aimed to knock down their opponent’s towers. Winners from each grade participated in the final round, where Jenna Obwald took the win.

Also at lunch, the junior princesses were introduced. Trinity Cox, Brandy Penberthy and Taylor Beckworth were asked questions so students can get to know them before voting for one princess tomorrow.

Bonfire Rally

Students gather for the 4th annual Bonfire Rally at the Poplin’s house from 6pm-7:30pm. Cheer performed a mini routine and the football team players were introduced. The football captains spoke about their team and led the students in prayer.

The rest of the event students hung-out, played volleyball, Spikeball, ping pong, and corn hole, and danced.

Make-a-Wish – Junior class charity

Make-A-Wish grants wishes to kids with critical illnesses. It is the organization’s hope that these life-changing gifts will help the children to positively respond to their medical treatments. They have granted thousands of wishes since 1980.

This foundation began with Christopher Greicius, a 7-year-old boy battling leukemia. Friends and family in his hometown came together to fulfill his wish to be a police officer.

Click here to donate to Make-a-Wish.

Coming up tomorrow…

– Voting for this year’s court will take place during the first few periods on campus

– Entrance to game

Gates open at 6 p.m.
$5 adults
$3 seniors non FC students
FC Students free

– Menu for snackbar (opening 6:30p.m.)

Limited $6 tri-tip sandwiches and $2 hotdogs
Soda, water, Gatorade
Candy
Chips

To learn more about FC Homecoming 2021, read Celebrate the 36th FC homecoming: We’re back in 2021!

What to know the junior homecoming candidates, visit Introducing your 2021 junior homecoming candidates!

The slideshow below contains photos from ‘Country vs. Country Club,’ the Royal Battle, and the princess pageant, Sept. 14.