BRIEF: SYATP to convene tomorrow (VIDEO)

Students across the nation will meet to pray for their schools, peers, country and world at the annual, See You at the Pole (SYATP) event, at 7 a.m., Sept. 28.

For FC, the gathering will be held in the Ground Zero quad area.

Despite the early morning arrival, students find value in the event. Senior Austin Rurik says fellowship is one reason why SYATP is so important.

“The experience that I received from See You At The Poll is unlike any other,” Rurik said. “The idea of coming together and worshiping God through the act of prayer is such an overwhelming and awesome experience of being able to be with fellow believers in communion with Christ.”

While some students have attended in previous years, many have not. New student Brianna Walker, ’13, looks forward to the new opportunity.

“I would like to go this year,” Walker said. “Just the experience of seeing everyone praying together would be cool.”

For student leadership adviser Robert Foshee, SYATP signifies a global effort, making FC a contributor to the bigger picture.

“See You at the Pole is awesome because it’s a global effort,” Foshee said. “Students around the world are praying at the same time for their families, their schools, their teachers and their leaders. It’s a way that they can be involved globally and feel like they’re part of something bigger than themselves, like they’re all one voice praying to God.”

SYATP began as a grass roots prayer vigil by a youth group in Burleson, Texas, in 1990.

For past coverage of SYATP, read the Sept. 28, 2009 article, SYATP intercedes for school, government. The video below is from the 2010 event.

For more news, read the Sept. 26 article, Max Hinton Blood Drive continued to benefit community.