President encourages thankfulness, community involvement

As the end of the semester approaches, students anticipate the long break from school and look forward to fellowship with family and friends. As well as enjoying the food, the presents and the warm fires on cold nights, I encourage everyone to remember what this time of fall brings: thankfulness

We all have been blessed with someone who cares enough about us to send us to this great school called Fresno Christian. We grow every day in our faith and are free to be involved in whatever we like. This only happens however, because we have thoughtful people around us that take care of us. What about others who are not blessed like we are though?

Instead of just focusing on the things we have been blessed with, let us try and focus on those who are not so blessed. This past Saturday was Convoy of Hope. It is an organization who prepares a large variety of stands to help the needy.

They travel the U.S. and it just so happens they visited Fresno. Fresno Christian students who signed up provided help setting up for the event, Friday Nov. 22. There was about 9,000 families in need arriving Saturday who were blessed with essential need. This was a great opportunity to be thankful for what we have and give to others so they may be thankful as well.

Along with Convoy of Hope the entire Fresno Christian School is collecting canned food for the Pinedale Elementary School, so please bring canned food as soon as possible. There are many opportunities to give back to our community and and share what we have to be thankful for with others.

Oh and it’s basketball season so everybody get out there and cheer on your Eagles! #EagleUp

For more opinions, read the Nov. 20 article, First-year staffer explores perks of journalism (PODCAST).