BRIEF: Student Leadership introduces Love Love Love Week

In honor of the upcoming holiday, Valentines Day, Student Leadership class will be promoting Love Love Love Week (LLLW). Each day of the week there will be an organized event either at lunch or during the break to encourage students.

During the chapels and throughout the week the four different types of love will be talked about: storge, phileo, eros and agape. These types of love will be highlighted throughout the week to give students a more broad understanding of love.

Vicky Belmont, leadership advisor, explains the itinerary for LLLW.

“This next week we will be focusing in on the different kinds of love and what it is to love unconditionally as Christ loved us,” Belmont said. “Each day we will be doing something special for the students like music at lunch or games.”

Every activity is designed to involve the student body. Belmont is hopeful for the many activities that will go on, expecting them to incorporate every student.

“The leadership class is writing an encouraging note to each student in the high school in an effort to show we are a community and family,” Belmont said. “It is so important to have everyone involved and noticed.”

Student body president, Caleb Nale, ’14, is looking forward to this event. Nale believes it is a good way to celebrate Valentines Day, because it includes everyone and not just the people in relationships.

“I think this is going to be a really fun week,” Nale said. “Instead of just focusing on the romantic love for Valentines Day, we’re involving all the different types of love, like love for God, family and friends. It’ll be a fun time with a lot of activities, so hopefully it all plays out smoothly”

Valentines Day is a day mostly celebrating romantic love, but LLLW will be focusing on all the different aspects of love. Belmont hopes that student leadership is able to convey the message that all love comes from Christ and is Christ.

“We will be covering brotherly love, family love and romantic love next week,” Belmont said. “The chapels and lunches will be held accordingly. The foundation of all love is Christ and it is our goal to bring that out in all the different love languages.”

This writer can be reached via Twitter: @eShakeshaft_7. Follow The Feather via Twitter: @thefeather.

For more news, read the Feb. 4 article, Professionals to present at Career Day.