Feather highlights: Blogger posts daily from New York

Senior Sarah Lim writes a weekly blog, So Healthy about staying in shape through nutrition and exercise. Lim writes her tips through recipes and exercise routines she has learned, along with other useful advice.

Lim has written over 26 blogs throughout the course of the school year. Her latest blog focuses on the adventures taken by The Feather staff in New York. Lim posted a daily blog while in New York.

Crowning Day

New York was truly a fantastic experience. Everything that I dreamed the place would be like was that and more. So many memories were made and new and old friendships were made stronger throughout this eventful week.

Friday and Saturday were pretty busy days. On Friday we got up and went straight to Columbia University for our last time. It was crowning day and all schools were nervous/excited to hear the results. For our own result? drumroll? we won a GOLD CROWN! Our staff felt so honored and most of us cried tears of joy. All the hard work we put into all year had paid off! Of course afterwards we celebrated our victory with a nice Italian family styled meal at a restaurant called Buca.

Saturday was our last day in the Big Apple, so a lot of us did last minute shopping and taking in the city for the last time. Then we all headed off to the airport where we would be heading back home. During the plane ride back home I definitely felt mixed emotions, I was happy that I would be sleeping in my own comfortable bed soon but at the same time I didn?t want to leave the city that never sleeps.

Overall my experience in New York was so great and it definitely is a place that one should all visit at least once in their lifetime.

Lastly I want to thank all my Feather staffers and to Mr. Stobbe for allowing us to have the best time in the city. And thanks for tuning in every day to see what we have been up to!

For more news on The Feather in the City, keep up with the Feather?s Instagram and Twitter.

Until next time, stay So Healthy.

In order to read more of Lim’s blogs about New York, check out her Feather blog page.

For more features, read the March 19 article, Former English teacher settles on new campus.