Campus academic delivery method to change (VIDEO)

Technology Information night was scheduled for May 13, but do to conflict between The Spring Choral Concert, the FC technology leadership team has found an alternative method to announce the Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) program.

Instead of hosting a face-to-face meetings the BYOD is offering the same content in an online, on-demand format.

A video presentation of the Technology Information Night will be posted to the Bring Your Own Device website on or shortly before, May 13.

Parents will have an opportunity to submit questions for the Q&A via email, and the answers will be posted to the website as well. Notifications will be sent once the video is up for availability.

The intent of the alternative method of presentation will allow more families to receive information related to the launch of the BYOD program without drawing students or families away from the Spring Sports Awards Banquet (Monday, May 12) or the Spring Choir Concert (Tuesday, May 13).

Head of Technology Department David Martens, wants parents to understand the plan of BYOD program.

The upcoming meeting has differed in the method as to how the information will be presented.

“The only difference is the method of delivery, the information we are sharing with parents is the same,” Martens said. “We are just putting the information in a video format that parents can access at any time. We are also taking question electronically and will provide answers via the byod website.”

The new method of delivery is suppose to be more flexible for students and parents.

“It is my hope that many parents will take advantage of the new method of delivery,” Martens said. “Particularly this time of year the calendar fills up with many events. By providing an online, on demand method of delivery parents will be able to get the information that they need on their own schedule.”

Plans for another meeting is currently being scheduled for parents who have missed meetings in the past.

“We still have future meetings scheduled,” Martens said. “In fact we are adding an additional opportunity for parents to meet with us in June, which is still to be announced.”

If parents prefer a face-to-face meeting, please consider attending the third Technology Information Night, Monday, August 4. If you have any questions, please contact us at BYOD Director.

A video presentation of the Technology Information Night is now available on our Bring Your Own Device website. For more information?including access to the video and directions for submitting questions for Q&A.

BYOD Technology Information Night 2 from Michael Fenton on Vimeo.

This writer can be reached via Twitter: @ivettedibarra. Follow The Feather via Twitter: @thefeather.

For more news, read the School educates parents on technology changes, March 10.