EDITORIAL: Leave a mark

Rally2
[/media-credit] The Feather editorial staff encourages students to leave their mark on the school as individuals, but also as a unified class.

For many, high school is the time for self-discovery and questioning one’s importance in the surrounding community. Leaving a legacy behind is beneficial for others in the future, leading to the feeling of fulfillment.

Fresno Christian is an optimal place to leave a mark thanks to the small class sizes and the family-like environment. People are warmly welcomed and not easily forgotten. The campus is unique in the way it is able to incorporate the love of Christ into every aspect of the high school experience. Because of this, students should feel led to embrace their blessings and make the most of the experience.

Some people would say that high school is only a small chapter of a much larger book, and that their legacy means nothing compared to what they will do later in life. However, the legacy left will provide closure and achievement, knowing that all the effort one put in was to make lasting memories.

An example of legacy is the renowned sports chant “Eagles Fly Together.” Senior Mckay Mohuhn took advantage of the family atmosphere in fall of 2013 and felt comfortable enough to try something new. Now, a year later, the chant is still used at many sporting events. Although it is only a chant, it’s something to look back on and helps the community focus.

Leaving a mark does not only have to be an individual; whole classes can make differences that effect the entire student body. Teamwork and communication are tools that will be used for the rest of our lives, so why not start now and have some fun?

The way we act in school now creates a chain reaction for those around us. Underclassmen should look up to the traditions set by classes before them and strive to maintain the school spirit. If leaving a mark on FC is not something one wishes to do for themselves, think of the junior high and elementary students. Give them a hope for a great school year.

The Feather staff encourages the student body to step out of their comfort zone and be a leader. Leave a mark on this school, not only as an individual but also as a class.

Follow The Feather via Twitter: @thefeather.

For more opinions, read the May 27 article, Senior congratulates classmates, recollects.