BRIEF: ASB election scheduled, Aug. 28

[/media-credit] Candidates will be running for president, vice president, treasurer and secretary and are giving speeches to persuade the crowds for their vote, Aug. 28.

ASB election scheduled for Aug. 28

Student leadership is once again opening the polls for the ASB election. Candidates will be running for president, vice president, treasurer and secretary and are giving speeches to persuade the crowds for their vote, Aug. 28.

The candidates for president are Chris Grossman, vice president Ashley Garcia, ’15, secretary Timothy Nyberg, ’16 and administrative assistant/treasurer Kathryn Damschen, ’15. Contenders must be in student leadership and either a junior or senior.

The speeches will be given during chapel Thurs. at 11:55 a.m., and students will vote directly after chapel.

Senior Christopher Grossman has waited patiently for his opportunity to become president of the student body.

“It’s always been a dream of mine to be President of the high school, and I think that I could really make a positive impact on the high school. I think that we can really make this year a good year,” Grossman said. “My goal is to grow the student body spiritually and give them the best high school experience they can have.”

Ashley Garcia, ’15, running unopposed for vice president is passionate about bringing FC to its full potential and leaving a legacy behind.

“I am running for vice president, because I want to give back to FC for all its done for me,” Garcia said. “I hope to bring this school to its full potential so it can strive, and be better than its ever been. This school means a lot to me and I hope being vice president will help me leave my legacy and change this school for the better.”

Junior Timothy Nyberg hopes to keep the class on task and organize events.

“This is my first year running for office and I’m running for secretary,” Nyberg said. “I want to keep student leadership organized and so were are on top of events like Sadies and Night of the Stars (NOTS).”

Kathryn Damschen, ’15, is looking forward to gaining more responsibility and stepping out of her comfort zone, within her senior year.

“I am running for Treasurer (administrative assistant),” Damschen said. “I mainly ran for this position because, one, no one else was running for it, so I figured ‘Why not?’ and, two, I thought that this year would be a year of opportunity to take on roles that ask more of me (to bring me out of my comfort zone) and to take on more responsibility, thus preparing me for real life responsibilities.”

Follow The Feather via Twitter: @thefeather. This writer can be reached via Twitter: @_sarapeterson.

For more news, read the Aug. 22 article, BRIEF: CSF applications available in the office, due Aug. 26

Follow The Feather via Twitter @thefeather, Instagram @thefeatheronline and Facebook @thefeatheronline