Brief: Champions for Tomorrow 2015

[/media-credit] Champions for Tomorrow will be visiting the FC campus, Sept. 29, to share Christ through strength.

Champions for Tomorrow is a annual Fresno Christian event that seeks to inspire individual students through inviting various speakers to discuss their journeys to success. The event will be hosted on Sept. 29, 2015 from 12:30-3 p.m.  Class periods will be 35 minutes long in order to make time for the event.

Various speakers will be delivering words of encouragement on heavy topics. Feats of strength will be preformed to demonstrate their abilities and entertain. Along with the speakers, free food and beverages will be provided.

For freshman, this will be their first time attending this  event. Reese Trevino, ’19, is enthusiastic about the Champions for Tomorrow coming to FC. He is excited to hear the player’s stories about their time in the NFL.

“It sounds like a cool experience, I am specifically looking forward to the stories of the NFL players,” Trevino said. “I am hoping that they will talk about their time as a football players, along with their stories as Christians. Of course I am exited for the shortened class periods and free food.”

While the hype about free food and less class excites students, teachers are happy for the opportunity to help inspire students.

[fusion_soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/227651686″ params=”auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true” width=”100%” height=”150″ iframe=”true” /]

Dr. Karen Walters a long time life science teacher at FCS will attend this event for the second time in her teaching career. In the previous year, she enjoyed the experience.

“It is always a wonderful time when we can get the students together to learn something and be inspired,” Walters said. “I think it will be a fun afternoon where we will learn how to look at our lives in a new perspective. I think that we all have to make schedule changes so that if we have a special event we can take advantage of it.”

[/media-credit] Attractions such as a mechanical bull and a rock wall will be provided in addition to a meal for all students.

Student Karagin Udall, a junior at FCS showed enthusiasm about the opportunity to listen to the Champions.

“In all the years I have been at FCS I have never been to this event so yes I am very exited about it and I am deferentially looking forward to it,” Udall said. “Yes I am looking forward to the shorter class period. Being that I have never been to these events so I have no clue what types of topics they will talk about, but I think that they might talk about something Christ related.”

Tyler Sellers, ’16, has attended this event since it started his sophomore year.  Sellers looks forwards to the event and says he enjoys hearing the speakers various stories and pieces of advice.

“They came my sophomore year and I have gone since and like always I am looking forward to it,” Sellers said. “I think that it is pretty cool how they come and share their stories and their struggles. I hope that they mostly talk about their NFL career and how they persevered through it, being as I like to watch football.”

Returning sophomore Erin Wilson, a member of  leadership, says she is excited for the food and for the opportunity to hear the unique perspective of the speaker.

“I am looking forward to champions for tomorrow I think that it will be a fun time,” Wilson said. “I am really looking forward to the free food and I have heard that the guy talking is a really good speaker. I diffidently am happy about the shorter class periods and I am looking forward to missing math class.”

With various speakers coming to inspire students and spark a passion to change how things are, many students seem exited for the free food, shorter classes and motivational speakers.