FCS Christian College Fair, Sept. 22 (PODCAST)

FCScollegefair1
[/media-credit] The FCS Christian College Fair returns with 34 institutions to give students a early look into college admissions, Sept. 22.

Buchanan High also to host Christian colleges

The annual Fresno Christian college fair returns again and serves to help juniors and seniors interact with representatives of universities around the United States.

With 34 institutions represented on campus throughout the lunch hour, all students in high school can, for free, narrow down potential schools to consider. The FCS Christian college fair will be held on Sept. 22, 2015.

The college fair will feature many different schools from all across the nation. Thirty three universities will be attending the event. Grand Canyon University, Fresno State, and Colorado Christian University are some of the institutions that the students will be able to learn more about.

Michelle Warkentin, Fresno Christian’s academic adviser, described what the annual event is like and how students will be able to participate.

The college fair is an annual event where we invite universities to come onto our campus and set up tables during the lunch hour to give students exposure to different institutions,” Warkentin said. “Students are able to ask questions and gather information that will be helpful in their school search. Students who participate will be able to receive extra credit for their English class and also be entered into a drawing for free prizes and memorabilia. The purpose of this event is to expose students to several different universities all in one spot.”

[fusion_soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/225073515″ params=”auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true” width=”100%” height=”150″ iframe=”true” /]

Feather co-editor Rees Roggenstein interviews academic advisor Michelle Warkentin about the upcoming FCS College Fair, Sept. 22, 2015.

Choosing a school can be a stressful task for a student in high school. The fair is a great place for students to get a chance to ask some questions to the representatives. It shows them all the options schools have to offer for them and helps them prepare for the future.

For some, this will be the first time they will get to experience what a college fair is like. Freshman Ronnie Peterson expressed interest in the fair and its potential to bring some guidance to the busy shuffle of school prospecting.

“I am looking forward to the fair,” Peterson said. “I think it will help me understand the process of choosing a school. It’s going to help me make some major decisions later on in life as well.”

Most of the students at FCS have been to the college fair before and look forward to it again this year.

Returning junior Julie Donis, showed enthusiasm over the upcoming event.

“I am absolutely excited for the fair,” Donis said. “I’m mostly looking to find different ways that I can get an education. I would like to major in criminology because I want to be a police officer.”

FCScollegefair2
[/media-credit] Buchanan High is also to host college fair on Sept. 22. Christian and local institutions are to be represented.

The fair seeks to broaden the horizons of students that are sure of their major but not sure where to attend. Reversely the fair opens different potential majors form within different schools they were scouting.

Even new students are interested in the fair and are excited to see what it will be like. Jacob Avedian, ‘18, shares his opinion.

“I think it will be cool to see some of the institutions out there because I’m not really sure which one I want to go to,” Avedian said. “I’m not really sure what I want to major in yet.”

Returning sophomores, like Juliana Lozano, who did not attend the fair last year are excited to see what the fair will be like.

“I am looking forward to the fair because it will help me get a wider view of what is going on with the universities,” Lozano said. “I am looking to major in psychology or neuroscience, or other things in the medical field. I have looked into colleges like UCLA and a few schools back east in New York.”

The college fair is a special tradition at FCS. The experience also includes extra credit in English, cool merchandise and a chance to interact with trusted representatives from a broad range of schools from around the country.

Buchanan high school will also host their own Christian college fair Sept. 22, from 6-8 p.m. For more information, myblueprintstory.com