BRIEF: Cheer Clinic to commence, Sept. 25

[/media-credit] Since the beginning of FC, the school has hosted the annual cheer clinic. This year it will occur from Sept. 25th to Oct. 1st.
The Cheer Department at FC has organized a fun packed week long camp that teaches K-6 girls the tips on being a cheerleader, Sept. 25th to Oct. 1st. Cheer Clinic has been around for as long as FC.

The clinic is a way for girls to have a good time and build confidence. Throughout the week, elementary girls learn cheers and bond with high-schoolers.

The girls will perform a special routine for parents at the football game on Oct. 2nd. It is a chance for K-6 to show off  the new skills they learned at camp.

Clinic begins at 3:15pm-4:30p.m. on the north field grass. Participants will perform with the varsity cheerleaders on Oct 2nd at the football game and half time show. Sign up includes t-shirt and half time show, $40 registration fee ($10 for additional child in same family).

Varsity Cheer Coach Hope Villines, oversees Cheer Clinic this week and looks forward to a lively week of cheer.

“Cheer Clinic has been a long standing tradition at FC,” Villines said. “Every year it continues and the number of girls attending grows. This year we have about 60 girls, were excited about the cheer and dance they are going to learn. They always have so much fun doing this and it helps set up the groundwork for future cheer teams. The more fun they have with this will hopefully drive them to play this sport in the future.”

Summer Foshee, ’22, a returner of Cheer Clinic aims to have a good time at Cheer Clinic.

“Learning new cheers to me is fun,” Foshee said. “I like to learn new dance moves and jump around with my friends. I have done this several years before and I enjoy hanging out with the high-schoolers.”

Follow The Feather via Twitter and Instagram: @thefeather and @thefeatheronlilne. This writer can be reached via Twitter:@jennypenny8835 and via Email: Jenny King.