Plato’s Closet offers designer outfits for bargain prices

20160427-fc-plato-002
[/media-credit] Plato’s Closet, located in Fresno, offers a unique opportunity for young shoppers: customers get paid to bring in and sell their lightly worn clothing.

Many young people today struggle with plans for the future and how they will spend their time. They struggle with the idea of going to college or finding a job that will provide the necessary experience to move them forward in life. Money is one of the most prominent things that worry the teens of today.

To them, a store that understands that students have a budget and that they cannot afford any price, is a gift. Plato’s Closet is a consignment store chain that buys and sells gently used brand name clothes for teenagers and young adults. Since the clothes need to be fairly new, twelve months is the cutoff for how old a product can be.

Fresno Store Manager Catherine Bolanos gives insight behind Platos Closet.

“Plato’s Closet is perfect for those who love to keep up to date with the latest trends, change their style often, and shop smart,” Bolanos said. “Recycle your style at Plato’s Closet. Sell your trendy clothing and accessories for an opportunity for cash on the spot or to trade in for new outfits.”

The prices vary according to the condition, type of clothing, and whether or not it is currently in style. For the most part everything is relatively low and affordable, with some articles on sale. There are dressing rooms in the back of the store for customers to try things on. This ensures the fit of the clothing and gives shoppers peace of mind in knowing they are making a good purchase that will last.

However, sometimes the lines get backed up in front of the dressing rooms and create a somewhat difficult situation. People cannot look through the racks of purses without sidestepping those waiting to try clothes on. Adjusting the placement of the purse racks or creating a more organized waiting area might solve this problem.

Plato’s Closet is a great opportunity to build your character and teach skills that will help you in your future career. Team members have the opportunity to work in a team environment and build further in skills such as organization, multitasking, communication, responsibility, and so much more. — Catherine Bolanos

Certain stores provide a point system, or a way for regular customers to work up to a discount or free item each time they make a purchase. Plato’s Closet gives new customers a stamp card to be brought in during each visit. Once they’ve received ten stamps a discount is given and a new card started. Once a week is ‘Double Stamp Tuesday’ where shoppers get two stamps on one purchase.

For teens in need of a job that will put them around others of the same age, applications for employment are available to be printed out and turned in at the nearest store. For those looking to be in a managing position, the option of opening and managing a Plato’s Closet in any area is available on their website.

Store Manager Catherine Bolanos shares the benefits of being employed at Plato’s Closet.

20160427-fc-plato-001
[/media-credit] Plato’s Closet offers many sales and chances to save a few dollars, as well as offers jobs to qualified teens.

“Plato’s Closet is a great opportunity to build your character and teach skills that will help you in your future career,” Bolanos said. “Team members have the opportunity to work in a team environment and build further in skills such as organization, multitasking, communication, responsibility, and so much more.”

The Fresno location is currently looking for more employees to work in the store making sure everything runs smoothly and efficiently. Applicants must be at least 16 years old and ready to receive some work experience.

There are Instagram, Facebook, and Snapchat accounts set up for Plato’s Closet to keep shoppers informed of running deals and what the newest and most popular looks available in-store are. Overall it’s a good place to go for stylish, name brand clothes without the high pricing.

For another review read, Modified Jungle Book is graphically stunning, haunting.

This author can be reached via email: Elizabeth Baker and via twitter: @_Elizabethann16