Luke Bryan concert brings energy, excites crowd

2016052LukeBryan001
[/media-credit] The party vibe coming from each performer carried on to the crowd and made the show especially exciting.

Attendees gather for country star, memorable performance

A large majority of the city of Fresno gathered together Saturday night with excitement and wonder as country music singer Luke Bryan brought his Kill The Lights Tour to the Fresno Save Mart CenterDustin Lynch and Little Big Town opened for Bryan with hits such as “Cowboys and Angels” and “Girl Crush”.

Dustin Lynch came first in the show, with a voice as wonderful and clear as it might sound on the radio. He told the audience that if they had never attended a Luke Bryan concert before, that they needed to dance the entire time. It was clear from the faces of the audience, that they were intrigued with every performance.

In the time between each act, the lights came on mostly popular music played. During this time, people made their way to the snack bar to catch a bag of popcorn.

[fusion_soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/262469433″ params=”auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true” width=”100%” height=”150″ iframe=”true” /]

During Little Big Towns performance, they singled out band member Jimi Westbrook who was from Fresno. Each member wore a different outfit, with Karen Fairchild in pink and grey sparkly sweater and Kimberly Schlapman in a white vest from Fairchilds’ new clothing line.

The performance was laid back as the performers even brought out a beer cooler on stage. During the show, both Bryan and Lynch pulled out cans of beer and began throwing them back and forth to each other.

2016052LukeBryan002
[/media-credit] The simple stage setup allowed for more focus on the music.

The use of special effects was limited and there were no major costume changes, but this made no impact on the overall experience. Lights and lasers flashed around, but they kept the setup simple with a catwalk going out from the middle of the stage. Each artist sounded just like the CD recording. There weren’t any mess ups or voice cracks.

Senior Morgan Miller is a fan of Luke Bryan and enjoyed seeing him concert for the first time with her brother Erich Miller.

“I’m such a big fan of Luke Bryan, but had never been to one of his concerts before,” Miller said. “I took my brother for his birthday because he loves Luke Bryan as much as I do, if not more. The energy and vibes in the arena was incredible, everyone was so hyped to be there. As soon as he come on stage the crowd went insane. There was not a dull moment between Luke and the audience. He is a very entertaining artist and I recommend that everyone who is a fan of country music go see him perform live. “

Former student Karagin Udall attended the performance and shared her excitement beforehand.

“I am really excited, I love Luke Bryan he’s like my second favorite country singer,” Udall said. “He had a concert a couple years ago that I wanted to go to, but it just didn’t work out. This is a really big moment, and I’m looking forward to it.”

Some musicians like to take a moment during the show to talk and reflect on certain life experiences that changed them or inspired them to write a song, but that didn’t happen at this concert. At some points the performers kept the mood light by telling jokes here and there between songs or making up a crazy dance all their own.

The audience was thrilled to have a country sensation liven up their Saturday night. The uniqueness of the show was memorable for anyone looking for a good time. All upcoming tour dates are available on Bryans website.

For another Feature, read Career Day impresses students, encourages curiosity

This Author can be reached via email: Elizabeth Baker and via twitter: @_Elizabethann16