World of Sports: NFL Midway Point Approaches

28659044886_58b9fd5ca8_n
[/media-credit] Jared Goff was the number pick in the 2016 NFL draft.

Wentz surprises, Goff disappoints

Now we have almost reached the midway point of the exciting NFL season. Six rookie quarterbacks have started so far. None of them being the number 1 overall pick Jared Goff. Dak Prescott, Carson Wentz, Jacoby Brissett, Cody Kessler, Paxton Lynch, and Trevone Boykin have all seen NFL reps in this young season.

Rookie Reports

Los Angeles Rams– The Rams gave up a whole lot to the Tennessee Titans to move up to pick #1 and select Jared Goff. However, he continues to sit the bench behind Case Keenum. Its not like Keenum as played well either. They should be playing their number 1 pick.

Philadelphia Eagles– The Eagles seem to have struck gold by drafting Carson Wentz. He has played phenomenally and has led the Eagles to (4-2). He has looked the opposite of what we all expect from rookie quarterbacks.

[fusion_soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/290414091″ params=”auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true” width=”100%” height=”150″ iframe=”true” /]

San Diego Chargers– After Joey Bosa and the Charger had the contract issues that kept him out for 4 games he has came in and impressed. He has came in and had an immediate impact on the Chargers defense. He has looked phenomenal.

26297997364_9ea4b9582a_n
[/media-credit] Carson Wentz has performed above expectations for a typical rookie for the Eagles.

Dallas Cowboys– The Cowboys took a pretty big risk taking Ezekiel Elliot at number 4 this year. However, he appears to have been the right choice. He has been slashing the competition on his way to having the most rushing yards in the league before his week 7 bye week.

Jacksonville Jaguars– Coming into the season Jalen Ramsey was my second least favorite selection in the top ten picks. But, he has proved me so wrong. People said he was the most NFL ready and now i can see it. He has flown around the field and greatly improved the Jaguars defense.

Houston Texans– Will Fuller- Holy cow, did anyone see his week 1 performance coming? He has looked phenomenal. His blazing speed has given him a huge advantage against NFL corners.

New York Giants– Eli Apple, come on Giants, Hargreaves still on the board and you take Apple? What were you thinking? They took Apple a whole round to early. He has been getting toasted and did they even need another corner? They already have Janoris Jenkins and Dominique Rodgers Cromartie. Why did they not address O-Line to protect Eli. As Boomer would say, “come on man”.

For last week’s world of sports read, World of Sports: College football mid-season update

This author can be reached by email at Dawson Triplitt and on Twitter @dawsontriplitt.